cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who Me Too'd this topic

billtowne
Former Member

Firewall freezes up my computer

My computer has been freequently getting very slow and freezing up for several minutes at a time as I try to watch video, such as the Daily Show.  It will then run for about 30 seconds and then freeze again. 

I checked the Task Manager, and McSvHost.exe was almost always using a lot of resources and really racking up the page faults.  So I tried disabling various parts of McAfee and found that if I disabled the Firewall, then the video would start running normally.  So I assume that something about the Firewall is using some limited resource.  It can take a while to turn off the firewall since the computer is quit slow on most thngs, not just video.

I have always felt that McAfee was slowing down my comuter but this extreme problem is relatively new and may be related to a recent update. 

Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

Thanks.

Who Me Too'd this topic

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community