Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SMAantivirus
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

"Something went wrong" error, trying to install McAfee on other device

Jump to solution

I have a McAfee LiveSafe subscription and I think it has unlimited devices allowed (it's already installed on about a dozen) and I'm trying to install it on my sister's Windows laptop. So on the "Home device," I opened McAfee LifeSafe > My Protection > Protect more devices. I chose to share the subscription via email, which she received just fine, but when I click on the link, this comes up:

Something went wrong
Make sure you're connected to the internet.
Then head back to the previous page.

I included a screenshot. I don't think I've run out of devices. I'm using a fully updated Windows 10 and I've tried the latest version of Firefox and Chrome. I'm on Wi-fi, and I'm perfectly able to access other sites. I've tried restarting the computer, clearing cache on the browsers. I can't get it to work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Stefan

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Sudharsanam_G1
Message 2 of 5

Re: "Something went wrong" error, trying to install McAfee on other device

Jump to solution

Hi @SMAantivirus 

We regret for the inconvenience!

The installation methods for McAfee products, such as LiveSafe or Total Protection, vary depending on the product and the device to which you’re installing. kindly refer the below article for installation instructions.

How to download and install McAfee products

Alternatively, You can always contact the chat support using below link for immediate assistance.

McAfee Support

Regards,
Sudharsanam G

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Sudharsanam_G1
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

Hi @SMAantivirus 

We regret for the inconvenience!

The installation methods for McAfee products, such as LiveSafe or Total Protection, vary depending on the product and the device to which you’re installing. kindly refer the below article for installation instructions.

How to download and install McAfee products

Alternatively, You can always contact the chat support using below link for immediate assistance.

McAfee Support

Regards,
Sudharsanam G

SMAantivirus
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Jump to solution

My sister went ahead and bought her own copy of McAfee instead of bothering with the time and hassle of troubleshooting. Thanks for trying to help.

Stefan

DakotaJames
Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

I first tried to install McAfee but it was not installing, then I installed it with the help of this capcut. Now I am very happy with my usage.

simor
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Jump to solution

facing an error18991822211 tried twice

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community