cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Midengine
Contributor II
Message 1 of 3

Windows 10 Security and Total Protection

Trying to install Total Protection. During installation Widows Security is constantly prompting Memory access blocked or folder access blocked Then after this hap hazard installation I thought Widows Security is supposed to be turned off, but it is not Windows security is still running. I remember with Windows 8.1 after installing a third-party antivirus Windows Defender turns off.  I would like to reinstall total access but why is this happening and any ideas how to avoid these Windows security blocks during installation.? Thanks.

2 Replies
Edward_Franso
Message 2 of 3

Re: Windows 10 Security and Total Protection

Hi @Midengine 

Greetings from McAfee.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused we request you to contact our McAfee consumer support using the below link.

McAfee Chat Support

Regards,
Edward Franso

Midengine
Contributor II
Message 3 of 3

Re: Windows 10 Security and Total Protection

Since I downloaded Mcafee and paid to my internet company Tech support refuses to talk to me. Don't know why the software is the same but after telling support that my support link went straight to Mcafee they then spoke with me but still no solution. I posted here thinking someone here might have some insight. This has to be a common problem when installing Antivirus software on the latest versions of Windows 10. The latest versions have security updated just to do this.  and Windows Security cannot be turned off so naturally security will monitor any software installation.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community