cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RobertFindley
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Why does McAfee keep quarantining my Neat Office?

The quickstart.exe for my Neat Office (which is available on popular app stores) keeps getting quarantined by McAfee.  I remove the app, download it again, and shortly after McAfee quarantines it again.   Is this really a virus?  How do I stop this?  I see nothing on the web or this community.

3 Replies
Nagesh_G
Message 2 of 4

Re: Why does McAfee keep quarantining my Neat Office?

Hi @RobertFindley ,

Greetings from Mcafee,

kindly add the application file in RTS Exclusion so that Mcafee will be excluding the file and scan the computer . if the issue still persist you can contact our Support team . 

Regards

Nagesh G

RobertFindley
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

That's a hack.  The file magically reappeared without such action and without reinstalling the app.  That makes me think either a virus is replace it or the app is replacing it.  If it is the former, it is a problem.  I can't get to this directory (Windows prohibits).  Kindly provide information on the effects of this virus and any further action to know if it's a virus.  By the way, McAfee quarantined the file for a third time.

Judy2
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

I have this problem also, but with Trio Office. The file is located in C:\Program Files\WindowsApps, which, from what I've read, should not be able to get a virus file into it.

I can't even look at the file, or the quarantined file to see what the file size is.  The file seems to get replaced automatically often since I've seen McAfee quarantine it multiple times in a short period, but sometimes it is not there when I need to use the app and I have to reinstall.

I can't exclude it from scanning since it's in an inaccessible folder.  How can I keep it from being removed?

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community