cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Eskimo007
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Where is the password safe user interface?

I imaged a Windows 7 C: drive, and reformatted it to installed Windows 10 for a client.  Unbeknownst to me, she was using McAfee password safe of some kind.  

I downloaded and installed Total Protection Trial on my own Win11 PC, and now I am trying to figure out how to restore her password file from the backup and with her master password, grab the fil(s) off the backup and put them back on her PC running Win 10 after reinstalling Total Protection which she had a subscription to.  

What files do I need, how do I access the user interface, and is her data saved in the cloud somewhere?

3 Replies
Kumar_suman
Message 2 of 4

Re: Where is the password safe user interface?

Hello @Eskimo007 ,

Kindly provide few more details on the issue regarding the Mcafee software installed on the PC. I am sharing an article assuming that its an anti-theft feature. Tis product is End of Life.

How to unlock a computer that was locked by Anti-Theft 

Best regards,

Kumar

Eskimo007
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Not relevant.  I am looking for information on a password safe.

Eskimo007
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

I think what I was looking for is True Key, which seems to be free and independent from the Big McAfee package.  Will try to confirm with my client.  In theory, it is cross-platform so if we can locate her creds, then I should be able to reinstall, login and get the data back from the cloud <croosing fingers> www.truekey.com 

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community