Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wilonatalie
Contributor II
Message 1 of 12

VPN disappeared

Jump to solution

I'm from Indonesia, and I bought my laptop several months ago and got Total Protection subscription with it. The store set up my McAfee account.

I regularly use VPN which comes with it for months, until 2-3 days ago when it suddenly disappeared from the app. I couldn't find it anywhere.

Had a chat with technical support and they said my account was set under Indian site, and due to some law established, McAfee Secure VPN could no longer be used in India (this is what I understand from the conversation). Waited for a follow-up call but didn't help. Tried uninstall and reinstall the app, doesn't help either.

I've always been in Indonesia and never went to India. Please help because VPN is the feature I use so much everyday.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
wilonatalie
Contributor II
Message 8 of 12

Re: VPN disappeared

Jump to solution

Hi,

Original poster here.

I tried to resolve this with support team and in the end there's no solution of this. They said all accounts made under Indian server are affected, even though our location is not in India.

They're also not able to change it.

So basically we have to make another account with our location and re-purchase the subscription (I know it sucks).

Hope my answer helps, since support team haven't responded to you in weeks.

View solution in original post

11 Replies
GaneshR
Message 2 of 12

Jump to solution

Hi @wilonatalie 

Greetings From McAfee.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. McAfee already aware if this issue and working on a fix at earliest. We will keep the thread updated.

Alternatively, you can reach our consumer support from below link.

McAfee Consumer Support

Regards

Ganesh Raju R

wilonatalie
Contributor II
Message 3 of 12

Jump to solution

Hi @GaneshR,

I was contacted by the Sales department and they couldn't understand why my call got transferred to them.

I used VPN feature when I saw it under the "Downloads & devices" tab from My Account page. I have used the VPN feature then for several months, turned it on and off from McAfee Security Center app.

What I understand is, my account was set under Indian site (I didn't know since my McAfee account was set up by the store where I got my laptop from. They gave me Total Protection subscription for 6 years in total), and there was a new law in India which caused the VPN tab on my McAfee app to disappear. However, I have been using McAfee only from Indonesia, all this time.

Please know that I didn't intend to purchase any additional services. I used the VPN feature because it came with my Total Protection subscription (when I found it under my account) and I was able to access it from McAfee Security Center, SecureVPN tile.

Kindly help, is it possible to get VPN feature back.

Venkat_YM
Message 4 of 12

Jump to solution

Hi @wilonatalie 

Greetings from McAfee.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

We request you to contact our support line number (1803-852-9716) to help you on this. If the purchased happened on the Indian site you may miss the VPN tile.

Regards,
Venkat

wilonatalie
Contributor II
Message 5 of 12

Jump to solution

Dear @Venkat_YM,

If the purchased happened on the Indian site, is there any way to get the VPN back? Since I live in Indonesia and always use McAfee here.

Venkat_YM
Message 6 of 12

Jump to solution

Hi @wilonatalie 

Greetings from McAfee.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. I have sent a private message to you, kindly check the private message for further details.

Regards,
Venkat

Saidharmesh
Contributor
Message 7 of 12

Jump to solution

Hi support, 

I have the same issue of Vpn disappearance. I understand that the service is stopped in India. But I'm not currently in india from an year,  though my subscription is from there. So i would still be affected by the new rules or is there a way to changey subscription? 

wilonatalie
Contributor II
Message 8 of 12

Jump to solution

Hi,

Original poster here.

I tried to resolve this with support team and in the end there's no solution of this. They said all accounts made under Indian server are affected, even though our location is not in India.

They're also not able to change it.

So basically we have to make another account with our location and re-purchase the subscription (I know it sucks).

Hope my answer helps, since support team haven't responded to you in weeks.

Jchan
Contributor
Message 9 of 12

Jump to solution

Hi, I am unable to connect to VPN even though it says it is connecting. Unable to change the virtual location. It was still working fine on Thursday 1 Dec 2022. Mcafee is installed in another laptop. That laptop also encountered the same issue. Problem started yesterday morning. Anyone has encountered this problem and what is the resolution. My mcafee is the latest version. Doubt it is because of the Mcafee software. 

Liz_LK
Contributor II
Message 10 of 12

Jump to solution

I am in the same situation. VPN suddenly appeared on my app around a month ago after tracker remover failures and other problems with the app. I assumed it was some kind of update because everything started working properly. The VPN was great, web advisor was working and tracker remover was working again. Today I had to reset my laptop and re-download what I thought was the updated LiveSafe and it's the older version with the non-working tracker remover and no VPN. I spoke to a technician who managed to get my web advisor working again but could provide no solution to other 2 issues and claimed VPN was never a part of my package even though I have been using it for the last month or so. She said it was a recent, more advanced and up to date version of LiveSafe which I downloaded today but it has less features and tracker remover doesn't work. There seems to be problems with the LiveSafe app in general. Anyone know why VPN would be there and then suddenly not. I am in Europe and bought the package whilst in Europe so the issue affecting users in India should not be affecting my account. Anyone else having this issue?

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community