Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kay1
Contributor
Message 11 of 34

Re: Tracking Remover

Jump to solution

I also newly installed McAfee Total Protection 16.0 R50 on two computers.  One was a new Windows 10 Pro (22H2).  The other was a Windows 11 (22H1) that originally had a working Total Protection 16.0 R50 but I had to re-install with a new download and now it has the same problems.  Both computers have the Tracker Remover that spins forever trying to find the discontinued Internet Explorer files AND Security History that always reports "There's no history for this activity and time period" for Show=Everything and For=Last 30 days even after performing quick and full scans on both of these computers.  I'm concerned how many other virus protection features are not working properly with the new McAfee installations on these two computers.   Can I trust a virus scan or the firewall to successfully block connections?  Unfortunately, I think I must uninstall McAfee on the two affected machines and use something else until a working download becomes available.  Interesting note:  I have another computer that used an older McAfee installation download file, but is up-to-date running the same Total Protection 16.0 R50 and is working properly with Tracker Remover and Security History.  I'll reach out to support and see if they have any troubleshooting steps to try before uninstalling the two problem machines.

Bogeyman
Contributor III
Message 12 of 34

Jump to solution

I have a pc running win 10 and tracker removal works on it ?????

grattis
Contributor
Message 13 of 34

Jump to solution

Tracker remover is not working for almost one year. Moderators told for a new version when it is avaible. almost 1 year left, no fix yet. Shame on you mcafee. you are kidding with your royal subscribbers...

Bogeyman
Contributor III
Message 14 of 34

Jump to solution

I got one more month before renewal so I will wait it out then go to nord vpn

Venkat_YM
Message 15 of 34

Jump to solution

Hi @Kay1 

Greetings from McAfee.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

McAfee aware of this issue and working towards the resolution. We will let you know once we receive an update.

Regards,
Venkat

Venkat_YM
Message 16 of 34

Jump to solution

Hi @Christian1606 

Greetings from McAfee

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

McAfee aware of this issue and working towards the resolution. We will let you know once we receive an update on it.

Regards,
Venkat

Wrest
Contributor II
Message 17 of 34

Jump to solution

Here is a fix if you do not use Internet Explore as your browser.

I HAD the same problem. If you don’t use Internet explorer as your internet browser, here is a solution until Mcafee actually fixes the problem.

1. Open your Mcafee software.
  2. Open Tracker Remover.
  3. Click “Settings.”
  4. Scroll down to “Browser Files.”
  5. Select “What to clean in each browser.”
  6. If you are not using Internet Explorer, make sure that browser is not selected and make sure neither “cookies” “cache,” nor “history” is checked beneath it.
  7. Click “Apply.”

I hope this helps. If it does, post a response.

AbuBakr
Contributor II
Message 18 of 34

Jump to solution

Thanks a lot sir.

This is a great way
All thanks and appreciation to you.

rch
Contributor
Message 19 of 34

Jump to solution

Hi Wrest,

As my internet browser is Microsoft Edge your solution worked perfectly for me. On Friday 3rd March 2023 I discussed this very issue directly with a McAfee techie. In trying to come up with a solution I provided remote access to my laptop. An hour later he explained that the problem was due to a trojan attached to my I.P. address (rather than to either my hard drive or router) and that the solution would require that I purchase an expensive firewall hardware device from a vendor such as Cisco. This rattled me as McAfee FaleSave had not detected any malware issue. Also, when I later searched the internet, I did not find any information on how to remove a trojan attached to an I.P. address. I'm now pursuing this issue with a local techie.

Thanks again for your great solution!!!

rch

Wrest
Contributor II
Message 20 of 34

Jump to solution

Hi RCH.

I'm glad it worked. I'm not sure I would buy anything at the advice of McAfee right now. So many of us are having the same problem, after all. The problem only arose for me when I reinstalled the McAfee software. It was working fine before then.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community