cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sparks505
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Tracker Remover

I have been trying for weeks to get the tracker remover working.  It starts and just freezes on the one computer.  The other computer is working fine.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice but still doing the same thing.  Anyone have any ideas how to get that working again?  Thank you.

6 Replies
marko89
Contributor
Message 2 of 7

Re: Tracker Remover

I am having problem with my tracker remover. It just keeps scanning and never ends.

fdiokno
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

I have the same problem on one computer. On my other computers and devices McAfee works fine, just not my mainn Windows 11 computer.   I've uninstalled and reinstalled the program and attempted to get help multiple times from McAfee chat and live agents.  The agents keep saying that it's a known issue.  But reading the comments, it seems this known issue has been going on for months.  It's frustrating paying for a service that only sometimes works.

Boltneck
Contributor II
Message 4 of 7

I have the same problem as well, logged it and was told the Feb 14th update would fix it!

It didn't, followed up with another request for an update and now they can't even be bothered to respond!

why are we paying for a service that doesn't work and a C/S team that can;t be arsed to give service!

Liz_LK
Contributor II
Message 5 of 7

Same problem here. It stopped working around January then suddenly started working again a month or so ago and now I have had to re-download the app after resetting my laptop and it has stopped working again. A month ago I assumed the app had been updated with bugs removed to allow everything to work properly again but now I seem to have the old version of LiveSafe again and the tracker remover is no longer working and the VPN has disappeared. I spoke to a technician today on the phone who could only tell me that the tracker remover failure is an issue everywhere and that they currently have no solutions to it. The tracker remover issue arose over 4 months ago for me and it has been longer for other users. Anyone here been able to fix these problems with LiveSafe? I am really worried my McAfee security might have been compromised with these recurring ongoing problems.

DPA1
Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Tracker remover has not worked since new version installed in early 2023 with subscription renewal. Using Windows 10. When will it be fixed??

Tracker Remover appears to complete scan of temporary files but hangs up on Other System Files.

I have removed and reinstalled Livesafe numerous times.  I am using the most current Verision 16.0 R 51.  Previous posts stated problems were supposed to be corrected with this version but NOT the case.

I have gone into settings and disabled Internet Explorer, but scanning Edge, Chrome, and Firefox.

Also have disabled scans on all system files.

What is going on with getting this problem corrected?  Keep being told you are working on a solution, and then that the 16.0 51 should work

What is going on?  Multiple users having similar problems

AH_71
Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Unfortunately, I have to join the other users. Tracker Remover hangs after a certain point and spins in an endless loop (sometimes Internet Explorer, sometimes Other System Files). Uninstalling and reinstalling LiveSafe does not fix the problem. I use Windows 11 Pro.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community