cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tim79
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Total Protection will not load

When I try to load Total Protection on one of my computers, I get an error message: KB2533623 needed.

Microsoft no longer has the update.

This a Refurbished computer: Windows 7 Pro,(installed on new drive) 8GB Ram. ( I hate Windows 10)

Came with windows 10, but I installed Windows 7 Pro. Have had problems with some drivers, but ran a driver update program, and got it going. I tried an older download from one of my other computers, but get the same message.

2 Replies
Kumar_suman
Message 2 of 3

Re: Total Protection will not load

Hi @Tim79 ,

Greetings from McAfee.

McAfee recommends that your installation of Windows is always fully patched and up to date.

McAfee security products for Windows (such as LiveSafe, and Total Protection) are fully supported on the following Windows versions:

• Microsoft Windows 11
  • Microsoft Windows 10
  • Microsoft Windows 8.1

To check the latest system requirements for Windows, kindly refer below article.

Minimum system requirements for McAfee

Regards,

Kumar

DarthPhoenix
Contributor II
Message 3 of 3

Re: Total Protection will not load

@Tim79 

To start, please review the following from https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/sbs/windows/fix-windows-update-errors-18b693b5-7818-5825-8a7e-2a...

1. From Start , search for cmd

2. Right-click Command Prompt from the results and choose Run as Administrator

3. At the Command Prompt, type the following commands one at a time. After each, press Enter. Let the command complete before typing the next command.

net stop bits

net stop wuauserv

ren %systemroot%\softwaredistribution softwaredistribution.bak

ren %systemroot%\system32\catroot2 catroot2.bak

net start bits

net start wuauserv

4. Close the Command Prompt window, and reboot your computer.

5. Check for Windows Updates again.

If that fixes that problem, update your computer, reboot, and repeat this process two or three times until no more updates are left.

Also, please link or name the driver updated program. Make sure those programs are from trusted sources since some could contain potentially unwanted software or have modified drivers with malware, which could cause more driver issues.

Also, what brand of computer do you have, by chance a Dell?

Please tag me in your response should this work or if you would like a few more ideas to try.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community