cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MacNut3982
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Total Protection not working on Apple Silicon after 3 weeks?

Is this a common situation?

I've opened multiple tickets, spoken to 2nd-tier support, been repeatedly promised callbacks from an expert within 24-48 hours, and still no protection (TP won't launch!) and no calls.

The last empty promise was on Monday night, and it's now early Saturday morning.

1st Tier support keeps removing and reinstalling the app, as though repetition will change the situation. This is on an otherwise healthy, loaded 16" MacBook Pro with the M1 Pro CPU and 4TB storage.

My subscription still has a year to go on it, and the sales team refuses to even consider a partial refund.

2 Replies
MacNut3982
Contributor
Message 2 of 3

Re: Total Protection not working on Apple Silicon after 3 weeks?

I'm on v4.17, and running MacOS Monterrey. All OS updates applied, and no problems with other software on this very fast and capable computer.

Total Protection is crashing out multiple times per day, and the only way to get it limping along again, is to do a full shutdown, then restart from cold.

One of my symptoms is the firewall failing, another is the inability to get the VPN to stay on. Frequent crash reports as well.

Venkat_YM
Message 3 of 3

Re: Total Protection not working on Apple Silicon after 3 weeks?

Hi @MacNut3982 

Greetings from McAfee.

We deeply regret for the inconvenience caused.

We would like to inform you that McAfee aware of this issue and working towards the resolution. We will keep you updated once we receive any update from the concern team.

Regards,
Venkat

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community