Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oldgitdave
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Total Protection Logging Out

Hello,

I'm in the UK and my McAfee Total Protection keeps logging me out up to 3 times a week. This happens on my Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra and my Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra. 2 IOS devices and my Windows 11 PC seem unaffected.

The issue means I can be unprotected for long periods without knowing.

I tried to send email tgat was supposed to contain a log from the app but in zip form it's over 50MB so I'm unable to send it. File size limit is 20MB. So I deleted the attachment and sent the email only for it to be returned stating your mailbox is full. So that was obviously a complete waste of time!

Can you please advise? I've tried to contact you on numerous occasions through your website but it seems impossible to get in touch with a human being!

I am rapidly losing confidence with McAfee and I'm seriously considering cancelling my subscription and going elsewhere.

5 Replies
GaneshR
Message 2 of 6

Re: Total Protection Logging Out

Hi @oldgitdave 

We have sent you private message. Please reply to proceed further.

Regards

Ganesh Raju R

oldgitdave
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Happy to reply to the private message but how do I do that? I cannot see a reply option in my inbox. 

oldgitdave
Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Why is everything so difficult with McAfee? I replied to my pm and had no reply from @GaneshR (I don't want to use social media or share my mobile number or have my devices probed remotely). Quite happy with pm's or email replies though which haven't happened as yet!

Anyway, I still get logged out regularly, 3 times today alone on my Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra! Why is this? At least the app did tell me it was shutting down some protection due to lack of use but why should I have to keep logging in?

Try to send a log report via the app and it's too large to send. Then I get the email rejected because McAfee's inbox is full!

I've noticed recently that the app gets very poor feedback and I'm not surprised tbh. I'd love to continue using McAfee but I'm losing the will tbh! I've paid for Total Protection and expect better. I look forward to your response.

Stenjess5
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Me too!!! now in january - been happening to me for many months.

My thing is that I am overwhelmed with hackers so I figured they must be doing this.

I was using F-Secure anti virus before McAfee and the whole company was taken over by hackers - I kid you not.

Someone was logging me out and changing the password before I could change it to something new, perpetually keeping me out!

It was not just a snap decision that led me to say they are all hackers - they are still spamming me to get "back with the program.."

In McAfee, when I use manage password to come up with a crazy complicated one, it doesn't get copied into both password fields plus what password I do get shows only as dots.

If I show password, I cannot copy it into the second field. I do not know what is hacking or what is sheer incompetence by software developers.

@Stenjess5 - nice to meet you, dave

@oldgitdave

oldgitdave
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Nice to meet you too @Stenjess5 . Interesting reply!

I'm still getting the same issue though a little less regularly tbh, down to once a week or so. Still frustrating though and still no comments from McAfee! I just don't see why they'd have an antivirus program/app that logs out after a short time, it's about as much use as a chocolate teapot. Doesn't happen on my Windows 11 PC but logs off regularly on my wife's ipad and my Android devices. The PC doesn't stay switched on 24/7 like tablets & mobiles do though so there's a clue there isn't there?

I worked for a well known international aero engine manufacturer that used F-Secure, probably not now though from what you've said. Wow!

I think I'll look elsewhere once my subscription runs out.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community