cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RUNNTY
Contributor II
Message 11 of 28

Re: TEMPORARY FILE NOT BEING REMOVED AFTER CLICKING ON TRACKER REMOVER WITH QUICK CLEAN

Jump to solution

I contacted McAfee over 5 weeks ago about them s problem with the temporary files growing and not deleting in tracker remover.Hopefully this can give us a update on the status on this issue.

JimmyC
Contributor II
Message 12 of 28

Re: TEMPORARY FILE NOT BEING REMOVED AFTER CLICKING ON TRACKER REMOVER WITH QUICK CLEAN

Jump to solution

Deleting the temp files manually is a risky workaround. Some programs and apps need temp files to function properly. In these cases, when the program or app is closed, the temp file should disappear. 

In any event, McAfee MUST fix this problem if it expects to keep subscribers - hopefully soon !

IainCB
Contributor
Message 13 of 28

Jump to solution
I have the same problem and am wondering if Mcafee livesafe is still trust worthy in light of this problem.
JimmyC
Contributor II
Message 14 of 28

Jump to solution

I contacted McAfee Customer Service about this issue today via a chat session. The representative could not provide a solution. Instead, he abruptly told me he would elevate the problem to their 'Tier2' support people, and that I could expect a phone call or email from them (I'm not holding my breath 😕). I don't expect a resolution anytime soon.

It's quite likely that McAfee doesn't know how to fix the problem. My temp folder has grown from 2 unremoved files to 107, with many duplicate .dll and .dll.mui files. If problem goes unresolved, I will look elsewhere for virus and malware protection.

RUNNTY
Contributor II
Message 15 of 28

Jump to solution

That is what McAfee told me on February 19,2022 that was they were sending it to a upper tier to get to the issue fixed.It is now March 25 and it still does not work.Hopefully they post a update on the status of this problem we are having.

oreilly4
Contributor
Message 16 of 28

Jump to solution

OS windows 10 and McAffee Livesafe

CliffH
Contributor
Message 17 of 28

Jump to solution

I too am now over 1200 files that cannot be removed.

My 'not up to Win11 spec ' PC using Win10 somehow clears all the temp files, yet this laptop in Win10 but Win11 compliant does not clear.

I'd try the %temp% solution, but am not pc literate, so am scared to cause more ruin then I can handle.

RUNNTY
Contributor II
Message 18 of 28

Jump to solution

I was told not to use %temp% because this could cause problems with your computer because the computer needs some of those files to run efficiently. Its been almost 2 months now since I first contacted McAfee on this and still no update or reply to the problem we are all having.Hopefully they will update us on this issue.

CliffH
Contributor
Message 19 of 28

Jump to solution

content now in excess of 10,000 temp files and growing...... is there a way out that is safe!

JimmyC
Contributor II
Message 20 of 28

Jump to solution

I disabled Microsoft OneNote (synced cloud storage). Temp files went from over 600 to 65 when I ran Quick Clean. Each time I run Quick Clean these same 65 files remain. I'm assuming that these are necessary for some apps to run properly (perhaps McAfee?). Without OneNote, I've gone to backing up files on flash drives. A bit awkward, but effective - and the temp files are gone for the most part. Good Luck.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community