cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Malkora
Contributor
Message 31 of 44

Re: Stop McAfee Popups

I'll add my voice to this one - I just cancelled my subscription over this. If I pay for something like virus protection, I under NO CIRCUMSTANCES will I keep the program if it has advertising pop ups!  You ACTUALLY think that this will get you more business?  I mean.. Listen to some of the people here, being disturbed during a business meeting??? REALLY?? omg... I'm not even finishing out my 200-some-odd days.. I'm uninstalling now. I'm going to stick with non-obnoxious (and free) options.  Nothing but bad reviews from me. 

Oh and like some of the others, i followed the directions initially posted, and there is no option to turn off informational notifications. 

Screenshot 2024-02-05 210117.png

cafaas
Contributor II
Message 32 of 44

Cannot understand that McAfee does not get this exodus of previously loyal users.

I have been using this software for nearly 20 years but will abandon it before next subscription renewal. There are many good products on the market now that are really no different. Many of my customers and friends are using various other security software without issues.

Adware is what we are trying to avoid with security software - just because they advertise their own products and options makes not difference. This is a totally brain-explosion from their product management.

Not happy and as I am an technical influencer of many organisations and individuals that are seeing the same issue as most of us, I hear they will also be moving on. 

I am predicting they may see a large number of users move on very soon, that will see gaping holes in their ongoing sales figures- but by then it will be too late to come back.

rbtito
Contributor III
Message 33 of 44

I left a couple of months ago, and I am not looking back. I'm a happy Bitdefender customer. No popups!

Mbecks
Contributor III
Message 34 of 44

Hopefully they get the idea eventually and the product is worth it again. I’m just waiting until my subscription expired and moving on.

frberger
Contributor
Message 35 of 44

I have McAfee LifeSafe. I'm also very annoyed by all these pop-ups and there is no options to disable them in the general settings / information alerts.

If this is not solved by the time my current subscription expires, I will switch to another antivirus / security suite.

ShadySlim
Contributor II
Message 36 of 44

I have the same problem. Also, that 'gear icon' for settings they keep talking about, it ain't there anymore. I have to have to fumble around to find the settings now. But still, no option to turn it off.

There are several closed threads and new threads on this very subject dating back for almost a year. In that time, no resolution.

My subscription expires in a 188 days and will let it lapse unless they address this issue. 

McAfee, you have 6 months to get your act together. After that, I will not only remove your software, I will Tweet, YouTube, Twitch, and bitch about you guys 24/7 for the rest of my life. 

McAfee LiveSafe 

dave44
Contributor II
Message 37 of 44

When my subscription runs out I will be finished with McAfee whether they discontinue the popups or not. I'm done with them.

jemezbrad
Contributor
Message 38 of 44

Although I have been reading the replies (through email) to my post, I have yet to dump them. Is there any consensus as to what would be the best replacement? I remember hearing several years back, that Norton had it's 'tentacles' throughout your computer. But time has likely changed it's behavior. It may be that that behavior is needed to do the job.

CT808
Contributor
Message 39 of 44

Personally, I've used the paid version of Bitdefender for many years now and I like it.  It's caught things that my previous version of McAfee didn't, so that's a win in my book.

WayneT
Contributor
Message 40 of 44

I actually attempted a purchase the PC Optimiser app advertised on a McAfee pop up. I had to request a refund as I could not find the activation code associated with the product. I went to McAfee support but the person on the other end, he said he was in Mexico, had no idea where to find the code. I have since figured it out for myself. I believe that activation code is in Downloads menu in My Account.

On the credit side the refund was very prompt.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community