cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rbtito
Contributor III
Message 21 of 44

Re: Stop McAfee Popups

As pointed out, none of this works. I contacted McAfee tech support team, they even took the homework home, and ultimately replied that this simply cannot be stopped. This led me to take the (oh-so-much-peace-of-mind) other solution suggested here, i.e. consider another security solution. The chosen one is BitDefender, and the day I'm finally saying good riddance to McAfee is approaching (in 2 days).. I'm literally counting the days, LOL.

As a side note, as this non-renewal date is approaching, the number of popups has (evidently) increased... so the very reason that made me left is just even more present. Oh, the irony. 

Randall_C
Contributor
Message 22 of 44

Either this stops, or my subscription with McAfee does.

McAfee... I've had enough. I am FURIOUS over the INCESSANT scareware/adware. Let me make this clear to the company and the engineers. The ONLY notifications I want from McAfee are a friendly reminder that my subscription is about to renew and SOMETHING THAT ACTUALLY REQUIRES MY ATTENTION. The hallmark of a great antivirus is that it protects your system AND LEAVES YOU ALONE. If a patch is not released to remedy this, I will end my subscription. I will ensure that everyone I know knows about this nonsense. ENOUGH.

Screenshot 2023-11-15 19-13-31.jpgScreenshot 2023-11-15 21-53-53.jpgScreenshot 2023-11-21 15-12-31.jpgScreenshot 2023-11-21 15-13-10.jpgScreenshot 2023-11-28 15-29-51.jpgScreenshot 2023-11-28 21-00-09.jpgScreenshot 2023-11-30 21-19-30.jpgScreenshot 2023-11-30 23-01-54.jpgScreenshot 2023-11-30 23-03-04.jpgScreenshot 2023-12-01 12-26-03.jpgScreenshot 2023-12-09 10-41-40.jpgScreenshot 2023-12-12 16-05-46.jpgScreenshot 2023-12-12 16-06-34.jpgScreenshot 2023-12-12 16-08-12.jpg

Mbecks
Contributor III
Message 23 of 44

Re: Either this stops, or my subscription with McAfee does.

Keep hammering them. Post warning about this where ever you can on social media to help prevent others from falling for them. 

Mbecks
Contributor III
Message 24 of 44

Re: Either this stops, or my subscription with McAfee does.

Start making your own posts here as well so the help community is full of posts like this showing what they do.

RudigerMartin
Contributor
Message 25 of 44

This isn't "Inconvenience". It's harassment. It's disgusting, and immoral- more so that this ramped in frequency AFTER I passed the refund window. Count me as another multiyear customer you lost.

A-User-2
Contributor
Message 26 of 44

I have had multiple calls with McAfee support.

There is no way to stop these ads. It is built-in. 

Uninstalling the product...

rlipoff
Contributor II
Message 27 of 44

dave44
Contributor II
Message 28 of 44

I'm going to cancel my subscription at the end of it's current term if the McAfee popups aren't removed. I encourage others to do the same.

dave44
Contributor II
Message 29 of 44

I'm amazed that there aren't thousands of complaints about McAfee's popups.

Mbecks
Contributor III
Message 30 of 44

I think most people don’t even know where to complain to since McAfee makes it hard to either contact them directly or voice a concern to them. The only way I could find to get direct support from McAfee was to cancel my auto renew which prompts a window where you can get 24/7 support because the only time they care about you is when they aren’t getting your money.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community