cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GRE
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Server is busy alert, Windows asks for stop or continue program.

Hi

This is written on different PC.

Complex problem with an older model HP laptop.

Have Win 10 that was updated last more than 10 days ago, so issue isn't likely to be Windows or have the possibility to revert to previous state.

1.) Have experienced sudden black screen and restart about 15 minutes after startup, but not at every startup.

1 restart later, everything fine.

Not now however.

2.) Yesterday the same thing happened, only difference that upon restart a install stalled out naming something called InternetDevice, netdevice or something like that.

After this stalled out (20 min black screen with little notice in top left of screen), a restart was attempted.

3.) Windows Logon screen lock up (Time and date shown but not able to bring up login fields on any key pressed) then new restart.

4.) Windows logon appeared, logged in but long loading on welcome (10+ minutes), then black screen and all noises disappeared from laptop (weird, as load should usually generate noises like fan and others), new restart.

5.) Windows logon appeared, checked to restart from logon and see option for update with restart or shutdown, restart without update chosen.

6.) Tried F8 safemode restart, no effect and similar to (3.)

7.) Tried F4 safamode restart, login successful, desktop appeared after usual startup time and I thought I could work the issue.

No.

After a couple of minutes checking, no apparent error surfaced until I saw McAfee LiveSafe Icon with yellow triangle alert stating Machine in Danger, enable antivirus protection.

Tried to get it up, got the LiveSafe dash stating Antivirus off, opened Antivirus page and Antivirus on.

Still alert on icon.

Tried to get text on Icon up again, help text didn't come up.

Checked start menu and search on taskbar, no response.

Then Server is Busy alert appeared in top left of screen, clicked away (can't remember choices, sorry), new message Program busy and Windows asking for stop or continue program/script. 

Chose continue, screen turns the Windows 10 fuzzy white.

Either crash or restart, can't remember.

8.) After restart (no safemode I belive) got in similar to (7.) but this time chose stop.

Screen black after McAfee LiveSafe icon disappeared.

Tried several times more without different results than mentioned before.

Any suggestions?

Sincerely,

GRE

2 Replies
AvinashP
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 3

Re: Server is busy alert, Windows asks for stop or continue program.

Hi @GRE,

We request you to disable McAfee on your device and check if the issue persists, if it persist after disabling McAfee we recommend you to get in touch with your system manufacturer.

If there is no issues after disabling McAfee on your device, kindly write back to us to assist you further.

Thanks,
Avinash.

GRE
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Server is busy alert, Windows asks for stop or continue program.

Hi @AvinashP 

Do you know of a good "how to disable McAfee on system" guide?

I need the quickest way without accessing start menu or anything else than desktop shortcuts that's few off.

Any click takes over 5 minutes at least to process at the moment and everything on task bar goes into an infinite loop with the program isn't answering dialog appearing after 10-15 minutes.

Can access McAfee and browser through shortcuts, will have a check of other possible usable links.

The program being asked to be stopped recently is Microsoft Windows, so I'm really not sure what to do from here.

Sincerely,

GRE

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community