Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wixey
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Possible issue with firewall stealth setting

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is a glitch or just a one-off. I'm running McAfee LiveSafe version 16.0 Release name 16.0.R46 an a Windows 10 Home Dell laptop. Last night I changed the firewall setting to Stealth. This morning whenever I opened a browser it would hang indefinitely and a "Program Wants Internet Access" box popped up, only it was completely blank with no buttons and there was no way to close it. I eventually had to reboot and switch the firewall settings back to Smart Access to get the Internet working again. Is this a known issue?

3 Replies
Hari_durairaj
Message 2 of 4

Re: Possible issue with firewall stealth setting

Hi @wixey 

Greetings from McAfee.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Kindly perform the below steps and check how it goes.

Remove any 3rd party Anti-Virus program installed on the machine.

Open firewall in McAfee software, make and apply changes on the firewall settings you would like to have it.

For immediate assistance, Alternatively, you can always contact chat support using the link below link or call (866-622-3911)

McAfee Support

Regards,
Hari

wixey
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Hi Hari,

Thanks for your reply. The only other anti virus program I have is Windows Security and I'm not sure if it's possible to uninstall this. 

bl1259
Contributor III
Message 4 of 4

Hello

was there ever a solution to this issue?

I have the same problem.    I disabled Stealth mode as a workaround, but if there is a solution I would like to go back to Stealth mode.

Ben

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community