cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Antaeus
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

McAfee spam filter disappeared from Outlook 365.

I have McAfee Total Protection.

On June 1, 2022, Gmail updated its server and will no longer support Pop3. I was forced to switch to IMAP to get my email to work with Outlook 365. That's when McAfee quit checking for spam emails. The COM add-in and McAfee toolbar are gone and do not appear in Outlook.

When I checked support, it says to start McAfee, then access tabs in McAfee that I do not have. The tabs on your instructions and video look nothing like mine. They look like the tabs I used to have. How can I get the spam filter back into Outlook?

2 Replies
Edward_Franso
Message 2 of 3

Re: McAfee spam filter disappeared from Outlook 365.

Hi @Antaeus 

Greetings from McAfee.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. We regret to inform you that the Anti-Spam feature that has been removed from our security products for Windows from version 16.0.41.

When your McAfee software updates to version 16.0.41 or later, the Anti-Spam feature is no longer available. Version 16.0.41 was released at the end of November 2021.

Anti-Spam feature is no longer available.

Regards,
Edward Franso

TLD
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: McAfee spam filter disappeared from Outlook 365.

This is horrible . . . makes my email way less secure.  This is a big part of why I've used McAfee for so many years.  Very disappointed!!

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community