Re: McAfee Web Advisor

I got it from the McAfee web site. 

Since it didn't work, I uninstalled it. 

steve7
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 12 of 13

Seems I have Firefox installed twice.  When I click that Windows icon in the lower left corner of the browser and scroill down, FF is listed twice (and two Private Browsing).

When I click one, FF opens with all my settings.  But when I click the other one, the browser opens brand new, as if it was just downloaded without any settings set.

In the "brand new one," there are no add-ons listed, Web Advisor is not listed.  I doubt it was listed and removed when  removed it from the FF I was using (with my settings all set).  And I doubt this second "brand new" FF has anything to do with the Web Advisor not working.   It is..well, was...on the FF browser that I was using, the icon was there, but was whited out, and not working.

I could uninstall the "brand new" FF from that Windows list, but if I do, I'm afraid I might uninstall what I'm using now.

Just one Mozilla/Firefox is listed in Control Panel - Programs - uninstall.  So I know if I uninstalled it from there, I would lose the browser I have now, and  would have to download it and reconfigure all over again.  Don't want to do that.

cyberdude
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 13 of 13

ok, thanks for your update.

seems that something went somewhere wrong installing FF.

maybe when opportunity comes in near future to do a fresh Windows reinstall  with reinstalling your apps.

for FF you can save settings and import them afterwards like bookmarks ect.

Webadvisor may be confused by the two installs of FF currently perhaps............................

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community