cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anthony340
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

McAfee Total protection 5- Devices

I'm so annoyed with this McAfee Total Protection 5-devices not performing at all. And when I direct my concerns with the support people. I get nowhere with them for a solution. When I try to connect VPN. All it does is spin, spin, spin without connecting. Someone suggested using McAfee Safe Connect. I get problems with using the McAfee Safe Connect. In protection Preferences. I set it on for "automatically on Wi-Fi only". That fails every time I turn on my laptop. And when my laptop goes into sleep mode the Safe connect turns off. And I have to reconnect it.  When I click onto the start Protection. A message will pop up with: "We can't connect to VPN. Your antivirus or firewall might be blocking VPN." Turn on TCP override in your settings and try again." That solution fails.  

I have one more year left using McAfee Total Protection. And at this point. I don't think I will renew it. But will look elsewhere that offers software protection.  I'm totally disappointed with McAfee.

3 Replies
Edward_Franso
Message 2 of 4

Re: McAfee Total protection 5- Devices

Hi  @Anthony340 

Greeting from McAfee,

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. Kindly update the version of your McAfee or uninstall and reinstall if issue persist. We request you to kindly share the OS details along with McAfee version..

Alternatively, You can always contact the chat support using below link for immediate assistance.

McAfee Chat Support

Regards,
Edward Franso

Anthony340
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

I tried that several times. And it didn't solve the problems.

Anthony340
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

I'll be glad when my McAfee expires. I will definitely not renew due to the many problems I've been having with McAfee Total Protection 5-device and now with McAfee Safe Connect.  The Safe Connect won't allow me to turn it off. And the VPN won't turn on with the Total Protection. So what good is it.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community