Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
savra
Contributor II
Message 1 of 4

McAfee Security Scan Plus will not uninstall

Jump to solution

I did not know this was installed when I put on "Free Acrobat Reader" and I did not want to install it!  I have tried all 3 ways to uninstall it and it will not come out!  Please HELP me get rid of this!  I already have antivirus software and this interferes and slows down my computer! 

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
VictimofMCFee
Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Re: McAfee Security Scan Plus will not uninstall

Jump to solution

Try Tapping the Tab key on your keyboard.  When I tried to uninstall Security Scan Plus a small window came up that was supposed to contain an option to confirm the uninstall, but the window was too small and would not show the option.  I tapped the Tab key on the keyboard when the small window was visible and that showed an Uninstall button.  I found this solution on Reddit, so many thanks to the Reddit user who discovered and posted it.   

View solution in original post

savra
Contributor II
Message 3 of 4

Jump to solution

YES!  It worked!  THANK YOU! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
VictimofMCFee
Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

Try Tapping the Tab key on your keyboard.  When I tried to uninstall Security Scan Plus a small window came up that was supposed to contain an option to confirm the uninstall, but the window was too small and would not show the option.  I tapped the Tab key on the keyboard when the small window was visible and that showed an Uninstall button.  I found this solution on Reddit, so many thanks to the Reddit user who discovered and posted it.   

savra
Contributor II
Message 3 of 4

Jump to solution

YES!  It worked!  THANK YOU! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

alwaysbebrian
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

Using the Tab key to access the uninstall button also worked for me.  But I also needed to empty my system Trash icon in order for the Application to completely uninstall.  I was disgusted that I needed to provide Mcafee with an e-mail address in order to access this customer service site to get this uninstall tip.  Their software comes across like Malwware, installing itself and beginning to scan my hardware etc.  @mcafee   @securityscanplus

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community