Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
error500
Contributor
Message 1 of 16

McAfee Cloud AV high memory usage

Hi everyone.

Since some weeks I have the Problem, that the program namend "McAfee Cloud AV" (in the Windows TaskManager) uses a lot of memory. I don't know what is causing this behaviour, but it seams like that it happens after my PC is coming back from standby.

I'm running Windows 10 and windows itself and McAfee Total Protection  are updated.

Has anyone an idea to help me?

Regards
Mark

15 Replies
Edward_Franso
Message 2 of 16

Re: McAfee Cloud AV high memory usage

Hi @error500 

Greetings from McAfee.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. I have sent a private message to you, kindly revert with the required details to help you regarding the refund.

Regards,
Edward Franso

meinschuetz
Contributor
Message 3 of 16

Dear Edward,
I can see that behavior on my Computer also. Unlike the consumption in my case is 9-19GB of Memory, what leaves the computer in most cases very slow and unresponsive.
Further, the MfeAVSvc.exe ist running at 14-20 percent CPU. more or less steady.

regards,
Mirko
Harmpie
Contributor
Message 4 of 16

Dear Edward, I have the same problem with consistantly high memory usage by Cloud AV (12-13 GB) and 10% CPU, which slows down the PC (Windows 11) significantly. How can I overcome this?
Thanks, Harmpie
WillyKano
Contributor
Message 5 of 16

Since a couple of months my computer blocks while working with Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop. In Task Manager you can see that the program McAfeeCloudAV takes more than 2Gb of memory usage. This is not workable anymore!

PBee
Contributor
Message 6 of 16

Hi, I have the same problem.  McAvee Cloud AV seems to be the process using the most memory on my PC, which seems insane.  It has ground my computer to a halt.

By the way, why do email people one by one who ask about this problem rather than posting the solution here in the chat where it would be most helpful?

Radford
Contributor
Message 7 of 16

Edward Franso -You previously responded to this thread at 06-29-2022 12:08 PM.  I am having the same problem as the original poster who posted at 06-29-2022 08:25 AM.  Please post your solution to this thread so that everyone can read it.  Please don't simply ask me to privately text you.  Please have the courtesy of sharing a solution with everyone.

mpage
Contributor
Message 8 of 16

Is there any solution to this? McAfee Cloud AV continually uses more and more memory on my computer until I have no memory available, then I will reboot and then Cloud AV again starts using all available memory. Currently it is using 8 GB or 16 GB of memory. That's absolutely crazy.

grecky-goo
Contributor
Message 9 of 16

I need a solution.  Cloud AV is taking 50% of my ram.  7gb out of 16.  How can I reduce it to a manageable level.

Does that mean there is no solution?

GTR
Contributor
Message 10 of 16

I am having this problem as well.  McAfee Cloud AV is driving up my memory use over as much as 95% rendering application processing to a standstill.  This is a new occourrence over the last 2 months.

Can some explain what this process is doing that it needs to consume so much memory?

Is there a way to safely end this task with our harming the protection from McAfee?

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community