cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JohnMiller
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

LiveSafe showing pop-ups despite having all notifications turned off

For several months now, I keep getting pop-ups from McAfee LiveSafe (refer to pictures below for examples). Those pop-ups are really annoying: I know what I am doing on my system, and I don't need it to keep reminding me of features I don't want to use. 

The picture below shows a pop-up reminding me that auto-updates are disabled (which I have done purposely), but I also got pop-ups reminding me of safe-search in my browser, aswell as different family settings (idk why it thinks I would need this lol)image.png

The only options to customize my notifications (I couldn't find an option for pop-ups specifically) are in my general settings, and they are all turned off for ages now, as shown in the picture below:

image.png

In addition to that, I keep getting a pop-ups asking whether certain applications (i.e. Spotify, Chrome etc) are allowed to access the internet. This usually happens after updating those applications. This is incredibly annoying and I would like to turn this off aswell. However, I am unable to find a setting for this either. (no photo as of right now, might add it later when I get the pop-up again).

At this point I am really frustrated with LiveSafe and I am using this forum as my last hope of finding a solution. Next step would be uninstalling, as it feels like bloatware at this point 😕

Any help is appreciated, thanks a lot!

EDIT: I just got the pop-up asking for internet access after updating Google Chrome!image.png

5 Replies
Magesh
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 6

Re: LiveSafe showing pop-ups despite having all notifications turned off

Hi @JohnMiller 

We are sorry for the inconvenience. Please let us know the version installed on the device. 

Have we tried disabling informatonal alerts in general settings. Also these popups might prompt from the browser as well. Make sure that we disable notifications on site settings. 

Please update us the outcome

Regards
Magesh J

Peacekeeper
Message 3 of 6

The safe search popup comes usually after a product update annoying  but one only sees that occasionally for me that is. Check browser notification settings  my firefox allows Mcafee notifications in settings wonder if disabling that helps you.

JohnMiller
Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Hi @Magesh 

As shown in my post, I have disabled all notifications in the general settings (my system runs in german, hence the german screenshots).

I have version 16.0 (R44) installed.

Both of the options for notifications and pop-ups are disabled in google chrome aswell. I don't use any other browser that could interfer with those settings.

In addition to that, I removed the McAfee extension  from Chrome a while ago, with little effect on the pop-ups.

I now added a picture of the pop-up asking if I wanted to allow chrome access to the internet after updating the browser in the main post.

Regards

John

JohnMiller
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Thx for the response @Peacekeeper!
I just checked, I have disabled all notifications and pop-ups in the browser (settings -> security&privacy -> website settings -> notifications (or pop-ups respectively). Is there another setting that I missed?

In addition to that I also removed the McAfee browser extension a while ago, so that should be the reason for the notifications.

Peacekeeper
Message 6 of 6

Sorry I cannot think of anything. There is another thread re this where a mod shows what Chrome settings to change. Maybe a a look there. I really get minimal popups when I do I close them. Maybe as I use a long term trial version.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community