cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LarsF
Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Live Safe and Safe Connect

After my subscription of LiveSave with VPN included finished. I bought a new subscription of Live Safe for 15 weeks. After a while I found out that VPN was not included in that version, which made me disappointed. Instead I got the program Safe Connect for 15 months. The problem is that Safe Connect does not work at all on my computer. Several technicians have been inside my computer trying to make it work. Days have been spent but no solution. Instead I got a free VPN program which works well, but......... I prefer McAfee products. The best solution should be to give my a subscription of Live Safe with VPN for 15 months and finish my present subsciptions of LiveSafe and Safe Connect. A quick and good solution for me and Mc Afee. Unfortunately McAfee will not do that. The will spend a lot of time and effort to make Safe Connect work. What a waste of time and money!

8 Replies
cyberdude
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 9

Re: Live Safe and Safe Connect

Hello,

could the following service doc from mcafee be of help to get the vpn working  perhaps ?  :

McAfee KB - Safe Connect says "We can't connect to VPN" (TS103031)

cyberdude
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 9

i found also the following  article that could be of help and is worth reading i think;

Fix McAfee VPN not working or connection issues in Windows (thewindowsclub.com)

hope it can be of help to solve the problem perhaps.....................

LarsF
Contributor
Message 4 of 9

The only thing that could help me is a subscription of Mc Afee LiveSafe with JPN included as I hade before. It worked very well. Instead McAfee had given me Safe Connect, which has never been working on my computer, inspite of days spoilt with technicians trying to solve the problem. When my present subscription ends, I will turn to Norton.

cyberdude
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 9

hello,

i would like to aks; was the original subscription for 15 months bought at Mcafee directly or from third party reseller perhaps ?

LarsF
Contributor
Message 6 of 9

Third Part, HP

LarsF
Contributor
Message 7 of 9

I am using ProtonVPN now a free program. When my subscription of LiveSafe and Safe Connect finish, I will turn to Norton.

cyberdude
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 8 of 9

thanks for your update.

i understand the frustration that the issue give and you are looking elsewhere to get things working.

hope things works out better with another AV product of your choice.

cyberdude
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 9 of 9

thinking a bit more about the situation, could the following suggestion be of help to solve the issue perhaps;

if the Livesafe version was bought recently is it not possible to ask for a refund and buy another version of Livesafe that has the VPN included  instead as it used to be on your computer and solve the problem that way ?

could this be an option ? that is if you still want to stay at Mcafee............

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community