Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Katie2
Contributor II
Message 1 of 5

Changing phones but same sim card

Jump to solution

Hi. I have McAfee Total Protection across all devices. I am changing my mobile but keeping the same Sim card.  Before I remove the Sim from old Nokia into new Samsung, do I need to do anything first in My Account / Device Management as I don't want to end up with a locked or unusable Sim in my new phone? 

And ... if I do need to remove McAfee from old Nokia first, could I reinstall it later, as I can still use WiFi on the old Nokia without the Sim card.  Appreciate any advice. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Katie2
Contributor II
Message 4 of 5

Re: Changing phones but same sim card

Jump to solution

I have sorted out my problem.

McAfee hadn't in fact wrangled sim card,  my concern was over removing same sim from old phone to new phone, same provider. It was straightforward removal and locating to new phone.

And I didn't have to uninstall and reinstall McAfee on old phone either where I still have WiFi access. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
krishna55
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

Hi @Katie2,

Greetings from McAfee.

Please check with your service provider before you swap your sim cards. We also recommend you keeping the McAfee app on your old phone as you have mentioned that you will be continue using the phone over Wifi without the sim card.

Regards,
Krishnamanikandan KS

Katie2
Contributor II
Message 3 of 5

Jump to solution

Hi. This is not a helpful reply. And disappointingly, does not address my questions whatsoever! 

Firstly, I have previously swapped out a Sim card to a new phone without any issue with this provider. That's not the issue. But there have been so many changes to McAfee these days, I didn't want to have a locked sim because of the way McAfee works these days on mobiles. 

Secondly, I'd already said I'll be retaining McAfee on old phone, even if I have reinstall, so you're simply repeating what I've already said. 

I was hoping for a sensible response from McAfee. 😞

Katie2
Contributor II
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

I have sorted out my problem.

McAfee hadn't in fact wrangled sim card,  my concern was over removing same sim from old phone to new phone, same provider. It was straightforward removal and locating to new phone.

And I didn't have to uninstall and reinstall McAfee on old phone either where I still have WiFi access. 

Gramps76
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Jump to solution

I recently changed from Android to iphone and found out that some new phones have eSims.  Just check or call provider, if uncertain.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community