cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hangwave
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Cannot verify my cell phone number; SMS code is not sending to my phone

I've been having this issue - where I cannot receive the verification code on my cellular phone - when I try to add it to protection or add it to my profile.

Contacted customer support 4 times already for this, but never heard back. No solution. No reply given.

Cannot set up 2FA either, simply because I am not getting the supposed 6 digit SMS verification codeCan someone help with this?

(When I attempted to use someone else's number, the SMS did get received on that phone. But I didn't use that code since that test was not my number)

Bottom line is: how do I get McAfee to send the verifcation code to my mobile number?

6 Replies
Hari_durairaj
Message 2 of 7

Re: Cannot verify my cell phone number; SMS code is not sending to my phone

Hi @hangwave 

McAfee is aware of this issue, we are working towards a fix at the earliest. We kindly request you to help us with the OS version and carrier name you are working with. 

We will update you once the issue is fixed.

Regards,
Hari Durairaj

hangwave
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Thanks for your reply.

Cell phone iOS 16.2. And the carrier is Bell Mobility (in Canada).

Puccini
Contributor
Message 4 of 7

SMS code is sent successfully to one of our phones but not to the other. The phones are identical models running the same IOS 15.7.5 and on the same service (BT).

Auscribe
Contributor
Message 5 of 7

I am having the same problem trying to get the 6 digit code on my Samsung Galaxy Flip 4 to sign in on my desktop Windows 10 computer. My computers are in a vulnerable state as I cannot turn on VPN or other protections with my McAfee Total Protection plan.

CS74
Contributor
Message 6 of 7

I have the same problem on my iPhone running iOS ver 16.6 on a iPhone X.  Been also having the problem for weeks!

AngryCatLux
Contributor
Message 7 of 7

I am experiencing the same problem, I have tried many times to get the verification code to my phone but with no success. 

This is pretty bad, I am getting tired of Mcfee, probably getting another supplier when my contract expires. 

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community