Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gshock
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Cannot download Torrents when McAfee VPN is on

Hello

I have a problem with downloading torrent when McAfee VPN is on. I couldn't connect to download any torrents, I have use different torrent sites. It stays in connecting mode and refuses to download.

If I turn off the McAfee VPN, I can download witn NO problem. I have the same problems with my second computer when McAfee VPN is on. 

Please help.

5 Replies
krishna55
Message 2 of 6

Re: Cannot download Torrents when McAfee VPN is on

Hi @Gshock,

Greetings from McAfee.

Torrents are illegal file transfer and distribution programs and is the reason it is having conflict with McAfee VPN. We recommend you not to download any files from them as they might harm your PC.

Regards,

Krishnamanikandan KS

Gshock
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Hi @krishna55 

You have a solution for this post: https://forums.mcafee.com/t5/Windows/Cannot-DL-Torrents-when-McAfee-VPN-is-on/td-p/713515

Can you please private message me the solution? I'd appreciate, thank you. 

nejoo
Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Please don't use McAfee. Windows Defender is more than enough protection against viruses. It's just security theater. Most computer security products are a waste of money nowadays, and they deliberately advertise in such a way that tricks the consumer into believing they are not safe without product xyz.

Their VPN is most likely garbage as well. For torrents, you have three options. AirVPN, OVPN, and Mullvad.

Gshock
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

@krishna55 

No any reply on my post???

krishna55
Message 6 of 6

Hi @Gshock 

Greetings from McAfee.

Since torrents are not legitimate it is normal that McAfee will continue to block it. We do not have an alternate solution for this.

Regards,

Krishnamanikandan KS

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community