cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Compist
Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Can't turn off spam advertisements ON A PAID PRODUCT

I have McAfee LiveSafe.  I am on my 4th year as a customer.  Previously, I was able to disable all pop-ups, as I have a BIG problem with providers that use a PAID program to spam my desktop with intrusive ads trying to get me to buy other products.  In the last year or so, I have been unable to disable their pathetic attempts to get more RMR from me by them spamming my laptop with notification advertisements.

I contacted McAfee support, but they were 100% useless.  They directed me either to options that no longer exist since they changed the GUI - or told me to uncheck all the boxes that I have already unchecked.  I have unchecked ALL informational alerts, but I still get an ad every time I open my laptop from McAfee either trying to get me to extend protection early, or buy a VPN, etc....

I pay for this software.  I have BEEN paying for this software.  I did NOT give you permission to spam my OS with advertisements.  That's behavior I expect from free solutions.  Not from a program I pay for.

Does anyone know if there is a way to stop these notifications?  Or does anyone know the server address that these things are pushed to the program from?  Maybe I can block that?  All I know is that these ads are driving me nuts.

7 Replies
krishna55
Message 2 of 8

Re: Can't turn off spam advertisements ON A PAID PRODUCT

Hi @Compist,

Greetings from McAfee,

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. Kindly provide us with the screenshots of the advertisements that you receive so that we can check whether they are legitimate or spam.

Please check on the below knowledge base article for further information.

Popups

Regards,

Krishnamanikandan KS

Compist
Contributor
Message 3 of 8

*facepalm*

I know they are legitimate advertisements.  They are still spam.

I want to turn all advertisements off.  The fact that you use your product, that I'm paying for, to push advertisements directly onto my desktop is extremely bad practice.

griffosan
Contributor III
Message 4 of 8

I am experiencing the same issue. I agree spamming peoples desktops from a paid premium program is bad practice.

I complained on these support forums around the first of this year about the same problem.

When no solution was provided, I began posting screen shots of the daily spam, including the date and time from my desktop display, for everyone to see.

After a couple of weeks of this, the spam stopped. Imagine that!

Now that the spam has returned, I suggest all concerned users post daily screen shots of these unwanted advertisements.

McafeePopupAd11.JPG

griffosan
Contributor III
Message 5 of 8

More spam on my desktop this morning. Please turn these things off.

McafeePopupAd13.JPG

griffosan
Contributor III
Message 6 of 8

More spam. Please stop.

McafeePopupAd14.JPG

griffosan
Contributor III
Message 7 of 8

Another day, another unwanted spam message on my desktop.

Please turn off these annoying advertisements.

McafeePopupAd15.JPG

mark6
Contributor
Message 8 of 8

This is why I dumped Norton.  I guess I'll have to go international next time. I have all of you notifications disabled and windows 11 notifications disabled and do not disturb turned on AND STILL GET YOUR **bleep**ING ADS POPPING UP!!!  Your response to the issue makes me think there are a bunch of derelicts working there that couldn't care less if your customers can't concentrate on their work because some marketing **bleep** wants to be promoted.  Linux is starting to look very good to me now too.  

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community