cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Paul521
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

[BUG] Cannot turn of VPN in the LiveSafe app, while connecting and Two more VPN bugs

So, this is a multi-phase bug and it's the reason I don't use VPN which is a shame because I pay for it!

Part 1:
See the screenshot. Whenever I turn the VPN on, it can take up to two minutes before it connects to the VPN. During this process I don't have ANY internet. So first of all I am forced to only turn on the VPN manually, because when I set it to automatically I am several minutes without internet and when I wake my computer from sleep to quickly look something up, this is intolerable. It should allow me unsafe internet at my own risk!

Part 2:
When I am out of patience, or I really cannot wait the two minutes i.e. when I'm late for a meeting, I cannot turn off the attempt to connect to VPN! I am forced to wait it out. It's so silly. It doesn't even bother reporting what the status is, it just does nothing, and I have to pray that it will eventually connect.

Part 3:
It ALWAYS connects to Sweden on future attempts to connect to VPN; no matter what I set it to. So assume I switch country to Canada and connect the VPN, I am correctly switched to Canada. However, if I restart my PC and connect it again, it SAYS I'm connected to Canada, but whois my IP shows clearly that I'm connected to Sweden. I am forced to turn off the VPN, switch to another country, then start it again. And if I was particularly interested to connect to Canada, it means I have to connect to another country, disconnect, back to Canada, and connect.

This feature really needs some love, I hope some of the devs will have a look at this. It's been broken for at least 6 months

2 Replies
Kumar_suman
Message 2 of 3

Re: [BUG] Cannot turn of VPN in the LiveSafe app, while connecting and Two more VPN bugs

Hi @Paul521 ,

We regret the inconvenience caused. Since you mentioned 3 different issues, I am suspecting either it is third party antivirus or McAfee antivirus not updated. We request you to reach out to our consumer support team  for assistance.

Best regards,

Kumar

Paul521
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: [BUG] Cannot turn of VPN in the LiveSafe app, while connecting and Two more VPN bugs

Thanks for your Answer Kumar. I wish I could reach the developers somehow or convince the right people that these are general bugs that are not unique to my system.

Is there a more formal platform where I can report bugs and can track their progress?

Answer to your specific suggestion:
I have auto updates on in the McAfee LiveSafe app and it works all fine. I am on version 18.31.170.5 of the McAfee VPN, which is from 5/5/2023

My virus scanner was updated yesterday (version 26.6.1.161).

Both my computers have identical versions and it has never worked from the first install onward.

The VPN itself works fine, the problems are all UI related. A programmer should have a look at this.

I had reached out to the support team about 6 months ago when I first started using the VPN The only help I got was the suggestion to reinstall the LiveSafe.

I think the repro-steps are simple to follow. I.e. when you turn on the VPN you cannot turn it off before it is done connecting.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community