Re: Alert viewer not responding

I also have this issue - 16.0.R48 - bug has gone unfixed for months

cyberdude
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 12 of 20

well. thanks for your reaction.

trying to assist but others don't react sadly.

about Alert Viewer;

weeks back there was a response from mcafee mod that it was expected to be fixed with R48

the posting can be found at end of the following message;

McAfee Support Community - Re: Constant errors in Stealth mode (Security leve... - McAfee Support Co...

someone else has received R48 and could confirm that the issue was solved. like yours aswell with receiving this latest version update.

itsmereally
Contributor II
Message 13 of 20

Definitely not - though the window appeared now after enabling again more often and functional I just got it again just now and have to reboot because it's still eating RAM:

mcae.PNG

And why don't the mods post in all threads on this topic?
cyberdude
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 14 of 20

i am now confused aswell.

myself have not this issue so i can't check unfortunate 

after checking by another mod recent about issue status it was confirmed from technical team that with R48 this should be fixed.

maybe best to start a new topic referring to R48 version or contact live mcafee support to let them know that you have still the issue at hand.

cyberdude
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 15 of 20

i would like to ask;

is it still the Alert Viewer issue that is not solved or the Chromium container issue that uses up Ram

cyberdude
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 16 of 20

about Chromium container Ram issue;

i noticed a message in the Spanish section today.

i am using Edge and when i visited such page a popup comes up and asks me if i want to translate it to my language.

in short from what i understand is that this issue is caused by Webadvisor extension.

to solve the problem temporarely as a workaround it is advised to uninstall the WA extension from Chromium and FF browser and remove WA from Windows.

if you go to App and Features in Windows you will find it as a seperate program almost at the end of installed programs listing.

the original posting can be found here;

Solucionado: McAfee Support Community - Re: Proceso delegate.exe (McAfee Chromiun Containe... - McAf...

maybe this can be of help in the meantime ?

nmagesh16
Contributor
Message 17 of 20

This problem is still not solved. Is the McAfee programmers are that dumb not able to solve this problem for months. I still have 558 days of my subscription left. Every day i have to face this problem for 4 to  5 times. McAfee and their employees are ignoring this problem like everyone has got this software for free.mcafee.jpg

pjd
Contributor
Message 18 of 20

We have still the problem...Alert viewer is still bugged and put a blank space at bottom right with some HTML/CSS errors.

Maverik
Contributor II
Message 19 of 20

Version is the latest one, always updated by mcafee automatically. Makes diddly squat difference, error still exists. Going to buy Norton at renewal, fed up with McAfee failure to address this issue.

grdjr
Contributor
Message 20 of 20

I know this an old post, but what worked for me was changing my firewall traffic controller setting from monitored access to smart access. 

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community