Re: Alert viewer not responding

same problem, same message on pop up

please fix it

thanks

_j_
Contributor II
Message 12 of 16

Using Antivirus Plus, not Total Protection, and have experienced this issue as well; one time this morning.  Computer was running really slow and noticed large amount of memory usage by McAfee Chromium Delegate.  Things got worse and had to hard stop the computer and turn back on to get response from computer.  No new notifications yet since so see if this occurs again.

Someone mentioned this occurring post Windows Updates.  This is not the case for me; checked and no updates since last Tuesday.  Did have some Autodesk updates yesterday morning, but no issues with alerts yesterday.

I suspect this is related to a McAfee update as I looked and see that several components were updated for me this morning.

CDNS
Contributor
Message 13 of 16

I should note too that I am also using Antivirus Plus, not Total Protection, but yes same issue.  Thanks for posting that it appears to have nothing to do with a Windows Update, but that it seems to be a Mcafee issue.

MikeOttawa
Contributor
Message 14 of 16

Same symptoms  and VERY high memory and cpu usage.

jol751976
Contributor
Message 15 of 16

Hi were you able to solve this problem? 

Sudharsanam_G1
Message 16 of 16

Hi @Mlindos @Drabes @Gethian 

We regret for the inconvenience caused!

I have sent a personal message. Kindly revert back with the requested details to assist you further.

Alternatively, You can always contact the chat support using below link for immediate assistance.

McAfee Support

Regards,
Sudharsanam G

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community