cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Venkat_YM
Message 31 of 45

Re: Alert viewer not responding and Chromium Container Delegate causing 100% usage

Jump to solution

Hi @Maverik 

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

We would like to let you know McAfee aware of this issue and working towards the resolution. Regret for the inconvenience caused. We will update you on the progress. However, Kindly have this checked with the latest version McAfee by re-installing it.

Regards,
Venkat

Ishner
Contributor
Message 32 of 45

Re: Alert viewer not responding and Chromium Container Delegate causing 100% usage

Jump to solution

Here I am in January 2023 seeing the same problem on a fresh installation from two weeks ago.

This is not acceptable!

JBStewartson
Contributor
Message 33 of 45

Jump to solution

Running LiveSafe v.16.0 plus SafeConnect v.2.16.0.112 on HP Laptop - 15t-da000 CTO w/ Intel i7. Using Windows 10 Pro v.22H2. Up to date.

Have had issues with blank Alert Viewer Screen past few months. System Restore somewhat helpful once. Past Microsoft Cumulative Update Preview install may have been the cause then.

Recent: Ran Windows Update early morning of Jan 26, '23. Prepped for clean download/install*. Windows Updates successful.

Today, Jan 27, '23... "Alert Viewer (Not Responding)" screen came up w/ text as described on your site. ChromiumContainer delegate.exe file ran processor past 92% according to Task Manager. Unable to End Task. Have since disabled all alerts in LiveSafe. Set Traffic Controller to Smart Access. Updated LiveSafe and now monitoring for changes. Will run Microsoft Updates again on next Patch Tuesday.

Installed Microsoft Quality & Definition Updates: Jan 26, 2023:

2023-01 Cumulative Update Preview for .NET Framework 3.5, 4.8 and 4.8.1 for Windows 10 Version 22H2 (KB5022478)

2023-01 Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64 based Systems (KB4023057)

Security intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 (Version 1.381.2742.0)

Security intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 (Version 1.381.2696.0)

Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool x64 - v5.109 (KB8890830)

*PC Clean Update Preps:

a. run...chkdsk c: /f;  sfc /scannow;  DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth,
b. Sys-config: disable all non-Microsoft services + Start-up items,
c. move Temp files to SDXC (F) hold folder,
d. unplug external devices + Defragment & Optimize (C) & (D),
e. open Services to start/confirm: BITS, Cryptographic Services, Delivery Optimization, SysMain, Windows Installer, Windows Update,

Looking forward to a fix that will allow me to continue setting Firewall Traffic Controller to "Stealth". A very Important feature.

JB Stewartson

Wheresmccafee
Contributor
Message 34 of 45

Jump to solution

Isn't it weird that it is normal for your computer to access the internet without you being aware?

pantojaf
Contributor
Message 35 of 45

Jump to solution

have you solved this? same thing happening to me

Jasonbhug
Contributor II
Message 36 of 45

Jump to solution

Sorry i've taken so long to respond.  I haven't resolved the issue but i've figured out a way to remedy it so i can continue to use it and get my moneys worth out of it until the license expires. What I do is go into the task manager and end the two items that are using all the cpu resources when it happens. Open the task manager and sort the items by CPU so that the items using the most are at the top. Then you will see the problem programs  Select the Chromium Container Delegate and end task and then select the Alert Viewer and end task,  one after the other. You may have to go into the setting of mcafee and disable the self protection module. Mine was called Access Protection and i disable that so that i can end task of those two tasks i mentioned.  I do this all the time and my mcafee product has no negative side effects from this. Far as i can tell it keeps on working as normal. If you haven't already been doing this then i hope this helps.

NxT
Contributor
Message 37 of 45

Jump to solution

Hi There

@YvdV @amy6147
My solution

Lets analyze the problem; So its just a alert window that freeze
(Most alerts from McAfee windows are for internet access allow/deny Or Virus Alert)
In this case its firewall allow/deny alert (thats why it persists)

I have a solution that works 100%

• Open McAfee
  • Click My protection (4-Sqare box)
  • Click on firewall
  • Select Internet Connection for Programs
  • Find the firewall rule of the program that causes the problem and delete it (It should be one that you installed exept windows and McAfee related. Select it and scroll down to find delete )
  • Click Apply
  • Reboot the PC

On restart the program that was stuck on McAfee firewall will try to connect the internet as usual McAfee Alert window will appear but this time it will not freeze.

Regards,

NxT

Jasonbhug
Contributor II
Message 38 of 45

Jump to solution

If it were that easy we would have already solved it. The window that pops up is completely blank with nothing to click on and no words. It is completely random and not a repeatable event. It will pop up when nothing is happening and nothing appears in the event log.  This is why Mcafee has been silent on a solution because they can't figure it out or don't care enough since enough people arent on here complaining.  I am no longer able to leave my pc unattended for fear of it happening. I have to put it in sleep mode when not in use.  I mjust going to deal with it until my license runs out then move to another product.

endorphin
Contributor II
Message 39 of 45

Jump to solution

Correct Jason. It has been going on for more then 1 year without a solution. Incredible but thrue

Zolee
Contributor II
Message 40 of 45

Jump to solution

I switched to another software months ago. This was the best solution.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community