cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ASUSROG
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Alert Viewer Not Responding Windows 10 Windows 11

Just do something about alert viewer crap. Blank white box in right corner pops up & keep looking at me for a while, after that shows coding text which i think you guys also not able to understand? ( Tht's the only reason this nonsense of alertviewer.exe is still not fixed inspite of hundreds of users having same issue across all windows, 10 11 whtever)

After program not responding hang it (box) freezes screen & force close it.

Very irritating & annoying.

JUST DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS MCafee, WTH..

4 Replies
GaneshR
Message 2 of 5

Re: Alert Viewer Not Responding Windows 10 Windows 11

Hi @ASUSROG 

Greetings from McAfee.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Please perform the below steps for the query which you would like to receive alerts before a program connects internet.

• Open McAfee application
  • Click settings gear icon which can be seen at the bottom left corner of the UI
  • Click General settings->Information alerts
  • check-> A program is allowed to connect the internet

Alternatively, you can always contact chat support using the link below for immediate assistance or call our helpline number 24/7 (866-622-3911)US.

McAfee Support

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

Regards,

Ganesh Raju R

GazMeans
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Hi I'm not sure your response to ASUSROG answers his issue (which I also suffer from). The problem is that the Alert Viewer box appears but fails and dispalys a debug error. In addition (for me) the process then loops and kills the PC -it takes all the memory and cpu. I have to then repeatedly attempt to click and drag the box in order to get it to display the message bar at the top of the box showing "Alert Viewer Not Responding" in order to then click on the red X in the corner. A message is then displayed asking if I want to end the process. Clicking on this then gets rid of the alert viewer box and gradually the memory and cpu are released. This happens multiple times a day and is deeply annoying! For info, I have the boxes in settings ticked as per your suggestion. Anything you can suggest to stop the alerrt viewer from filing ould be wonderful. 

lolbean
Contributor
Message 4 of 5

The quantity of code needed in DevOps depends on the jobs and projects. While coding is crucial, DevOps includes automation, collaboration, and continuous integration. DevOps requires basic scripting to intermediate programming skills, depending on the organization's needs and project complexity.

Flammable7178
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

I have 5 different PC/laptops with different Windows OS (10 Home, 10 Pro, 11 Home, 11 Pro) on them, and after the latest McAfee "update" they all are having this issue! And seems like McAfee doesn't listen or care, because customers were having this issue since 2022!

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community