cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AntZ
Contributor II
Message 1 of 4

ALERT VIEWER NOT RESPONDING, PROBLEM HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR MONTHS NOW

I've sought help! Tried every solution posted here! Reinstalled many times on my 6 active computers and they all revert back to screwing up! My Win 8, Win 10, and even a new Win 11 computer have all been effected. I see the cut and paste response from the help team here that send PM's to people that post, but ignore people that complain. Great, I've been a customer since 2003 and EVERY attempt for help has been ignored after countless messages sent to McAfee. But I get endless pop-ups and Emails begging for my money... Your subscription is almost expired! Date: Oct 15, 2022, 7:57 PM

Well people, I'm done begging for help! You guys don't care, and now, neither do I. I've already lined up the new package I'll be buying for my computers when this crap ends next month. I will spread the word far and wide to everyone I do business with about how I've been treated and ignored. I just feel bad that people out there that have no idea how incompetent your developers are for wrecking a working system and having no idea how to fix it. Then lying to and ignoring your customers.

3 Replies
GaneshR
Message 2 of 4

Re: ALERT VIEWER NOT RESPONDING, PROBLEM HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR MONTHS NOW

Hi @AntZ 

Greetings from McAfee

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. If your getting continuous pop up regards with McAfee means you would have expired subscription with your account. Hence you may receive that pop-ups. 

If your receiving continuous pop-ups apart from McAfee then follow the below steps and update us the issue status

• Disable information alerts in McAfee (Open McAfee >> Settings >> General Settings >> Information alerts)
  • Disable Sites notification on your browser (Open Browser >> Settings >> Security and Privacy >> Site Settings >> Notifications)

Regards

Ganesh Raju R

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

AntZ
Contributor II
Message 3 of 4

I am stunned, and at a loss for words. Did you even read my post?

YOUR  FIREWALL IS BUSTED! and has been busted for SIX MONTHS! This is the same problem everyone has been complaining about since. The web access permission box pops up for web approval and it is blank!!!! Then that chromium eats up the CPU until you close it and you then need to manually permit the programs. Did you honestly think I'm dumping McAfee because I don't know how to turn off renewal notifications? That in a nutshell is why I gave up on you people! I've been ignored for 6 months after (REMOVED) posts here and countless requests for service at the main customer site. I know you know what the problem is and that it can't be fixed, but you are all playing games with people. 

Well, I do know how to fix the problem now.... I go to settings, hit the add and remove programs, and REMOVE McAfee.  

SOLVED!  I give Kudos to myself for solving the problem! 

Flammable7178
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

I have 5 different PC/laptops with different Windows OS (10 Home, 10 Pro, 11 Home, 11 Pro) on them, and after the latest McAfee "update" they all are having this issue! And seems like McAfee doesn't listen or care, because customers were having this issue since 2022!

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community