cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ormedic
Contributor II
Message 1 of 6

ALERT VIEWER NOT RESPONDING, PROBLEM HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR ALMOST A MONTH NOW

PLEASE MCAFEE STOP IGNORNING THIS PROBLEM AND GIVE US SOME SOLUTIONS!   

I am sick of having to reinstall McAfee every two to three days because you are refusing to fix this issue.  

I could care less about support "badges" all I want is a solution!  

5 Replies
Sudharsanam_G1
Message 2 of 6

Re: ALERT VIEWER NOT RESPONDING, PROBLEM HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR ALMOST A MONTH NOW

Hi @ormedic 

Greetings from McAfee!

I have sent a personal message. Kindly revert back with the requested details to assist you further.

Alternatively, You can always contact the chat support using below link for immediate assistance.

McAfee Support

Regards,
Sudharsanam G

endorphin
Contributor II
Message 3 of 6

Re: ALERT VIEWER NOT RESPONDING, PROBLEM HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR ALMOST A MONTH NOW

I have the same problem on PC's and laptops with both Windows 10 or 11. I already reinstalled McAfee but the problem is still around.

ormedic
Contributor II
Message 4 of 6

I have been researching other options for PC protection since it appears McAfee is either unable to or not going to fix this problem.  I just can't see continuing to pay for a product which I cannot use the features I want to use because they won't fix what they broke with the update over 3 weeks ago.  In my research I found McAfee is no longer a leader in PC protection like it was when I started using it over a decade ago.  I am going to give McAfee until early next week, if they can't fix it within a month then it will be clear they either won't or can't fix it, so I will cancel, request a refund, and purchase a better product which actually has customer service and can keep their apps functioning.  

itsmereally
Contributor II
Message 5 of 6

For me disabling the firewall completely solves the problem. But then again that's not an acceptable solution.

Weird thing is I used Symantec ("Norton AntiVirus") products from 1997 to around 2005 when they had an issue they told me they'll only fix in the next release in many many weeks. Then I switched to GDATA up until a few weeks ago (yup, that's 17 years). When I saw a cheap offer for McAfee for ~$20 for one year for many devices I accepted it. Yet what I see here is the same bad support I saw ages ago with Symantec (now "Norton LifeLock").

If this is not fixed soon I'll revert back to GDATA and McAfee will remain as a failed attempt forever and I'll probably not use them ever again in my life.

ormedic
Contributor II
Message 6 of 6

Thank you for suggesting Gdata.  I compared it to other products and since McAfee continues to ignore this problem I am cancelling my McAfee and going with Gdata.  

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community