cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chase1
Former Member
Message 1 of 8

website not showing green

Hi i just got my website verified at site advisor but it is still showing gray on search engines. just wondering when will my website show green on search engines. thanks

7 Replies
Dinz
Former Member
Message 2 of 8

Re: website not showing green

Hi chase

Did you try to test the same from  a different  browser ? Like searching for the same site in Firefox or Google Chrome .
If its the same , please let us know the below details ;

Internet explorer version : - Open Internet explorer – Click on  Help – Click on About Internet explorer

McAfee Site Advisor Version – Click on Drop box beside McAfee Site Advisor tool bar – Click on About

Regards,

chase1
Former Member
Message 3 of 8

actually I went to site advisor.com, on the bottom right hand there is an area where u can check to see if a website has been verified. for eg when i type in google.com. it comes back as ok with a green check, but when i type in my website it comes back with the grey check mark. i just want that green check mark, when norton users do a search for my website a green check mark comes out indicating that my website is safe. I just want the same for mcafee users. i placed the code in my root folder, then clicked verify on site advisor, and it said my website has been successfully verified but it still shows grey when i do a check on siteadvisor.

chase1
Former Member
Message 4 of 8

also I cant do a search on fire fox or google chrome because regardless i have norton for internet security. and no matter what browser i use my computer has norton and not mcafee so it would automatically say norton since i use them and the fact that I have been verified by them by doing the same thing that mcafee requires. the only thing is im still getting that grey check when i check on site advisor, the only way for me to know is by checking on mcafee site advisor to see if i got the green or if im still in grey

chase1
Former Member
Message 5 of 8

what i get is. we have tested millions of websites but we have not tested this one. with a grey check mark

JaiPrakash
Former Member
Message 6 of 8

Hello Chase1,

Kindly let us know the website in Question so as we may request our Site Advisor team for further advice on the same .

Regards,

chase1
Former Member
Message 7 of 8

hi I checked site advisor today and its showing green thanks for the help

Dinz
Former Member
Message 8 of 8

Glad that you are OK now . Thanks for reporting back :

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community