cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vingador1997
Former Member
Message 1 of 12

version 2.9.258 doesnt work on internet explorer 7

i would like to ask for help , so far no 1 is been able to help me.
my site adviser works fine with firefox, but with internet explorer i can only see ratings but not site reports. i have p4, service pack 3, windows xp,2gb ram, 256 mb 6200 invidia.i reset the internet explorer and reinstaled site adviser and nothing.Is any 1 with the same problem ?, pliz help, not even mcafee chat team could help me.
11 Replies
JohnG
Contributor
Message 2 of 12

RE: version 2.9.258 doesnt work on internet explorer 7

Ususally works correctly in both IE7 and IE8.

My guess is there is some other add-on or toolbar interfering.

Try deactivating all other IE add-ons. If that works, then reactivate individually until it breaks again.

Another option is to install IE8 to see if that fixes it.

- JohnG
vingador1997
Former Member
Message 3 of 12

didnt work

i tried what u told me i disable all ad ons and toolbars , and still doenst work , im not sure if i want to instal i8 ,its so strange before was working fine and sudently only works in firefox,if i instal the i8 can i go back later to the i7 if i want to? and if u have any other sugestions apart from , reinstaling siteadviser, and updating windows , or restore setings in i7, or deleting any sofware wich i recently instal , or any program to fix i7 problems ,than go ahead , im a bit upset i just dont understand why , not even the chat team , and they tried to help me twice so its very strange :confused::confused:
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 12

RE: didnt work

Try uninstalling Siteadvisor via Control Panel. If it isn't listed click the McAfee Security Center item and then select only it for removal.

Once removed go to Internet Explorer Tools/Internet Options/Advanced and click "Reset". Close and reopen IE and then go to Tools/manage Add-ons and re-enable the add-ons.

Reboot and reinstall either from your account using the customise option or directly from http://www.siteadvisor.com .
vingador1997
Former Member
Message 5 of 12

i uninstal the site adviser and i got the internet explorer 8 then i reboot an instal it again and nothing didn't work only works in the firefox , what can i do ?
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 12

Is it listed in IE Add-Ons list (Tools/Manage Add-ons)? If so try disabling it. close and reopen IE then re-enable it. Close and reopen again.
vingador1997
Former Member
Message 7 of 12

i just did , but nothing

We have no data for the page you requested..... thats what hapens its so strange only in ie in firefox its fine im going crazy how can it b? what can possible b wron in my machine that wont work? i need serious help, i tried everything i instal and uninstal, i reboot i dont know what to do , help pliz
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 12

RE: i just did , but nothing

Try the following:

1. Uninstall all McAfee programs through "Add or Remove Programs" in Windows "Control Panel".

2. Use the MCPR tool, see this article: How to remove supported McAfee consumer products using the McAfee Consumer Products Removal tool (MC... This will remove all McAfee remnants from your computer. (you must have Windows Vista, XP or 2000 SP4 to use this tool)

3. Launch Windows Explorer and delete all McAfee files in "Program Files" but
especially in "C:\Document and Settings\<user>\Application Data" and "C:\Document and Settings\All Users\Application Data". You have to set Windows Explorer to show all hidden files and folders (Tools > Folder Options > View tab). Just delete the McAfee folders even if they are empty in all the "Application Data" folders. Can be more than one!
In Vista: C:\Program Files, C:\ProgramData and C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming
If you can't find these files don't worry. It just means that MCPR has done its job.

4. Reboot and redownload/reinstall your McAfee products directly from your account at the McAfee web site.
vingador1997
Former Member
Message 9 of 12

still no

i did exactly how u told me , i even saw the video how to do , then when i reboot the last time , i open the Internet explorer and i went to the mcafee web page and i wanted to view some site report from yahoo, and nothing just the same message again , no data for the page u requested, then i open FireFox and worked fine, so i can see that even if install the siteadvisor again, now it will not work on the Internet explorer. i don't understand i take care of my computer i scan it almost every second day , i defrag 1 every 2 months i clean the registry, all my other programs work fine, but this is unbelievable i already reinstall the Internet explorer , and the site adviser a good few times , of course I'm not going to remaster the computer over this but it really kills my nerves , anyway if some one could suggest any other option i would appreciate , its really annoying having to open the firefox to view site reports (waste a lot of time) thanks guys.
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 10 of 12

RE: still no

Sounds very much to me like you are stuck at some beta version of IE7. If it is listed in Control Panel/Programs or in Installed Updates, uninstall it and get the latest version of IE8 from Microsoft.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community