cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
peter_29
Contributor
Message 1 of 2

verification impossible | how long does it take to check a website ?

like a lot of users i've this problem with the McAfee verification of my wordpress site , there are more than 61 million wordpress sites out there. Some  but for mcafee this is clearly still a problem.

I keep getting this Error verifying site

could not verify te web site file.

i added the file to the root of the site but somehow this does not work with wordpress

http://ik-leef.nl/121fe5b5550c03be09a57951d7bff58a85310fee.html

i cannot find a way to solve this.

I have also this comment / question:

how long does it take before a website gets tested?

I asked a lot of times to check the website but it  still keeps marked grey "not tested yet" (the site exist since 2011 )

The website ik-leef.nl  is an information portal for the terminally ill and therefore some words can seem offensive because they are reffering to illness.

The site is populair and respected among  patients and the medical profession in the Netherlands.

Yes there are links to our Facebook community, Pinterest, Linkedin and Google+ community but i think this normal in this time of socialmedia and not a security risk.

Kind regards, Peter

1 Reply
spc3rd
Former Member
Message 2 of 2

Re: verification impossible | how long does it take to check a website ?

Hello Peter_29 and welcome to the McAfee Community Forums!

Until some of our more knowledgeable forum members and Moderators can arrive to further review your post and provide their assistance, I will provide you with a little starting help.

When I checked your website at the Securi.net website, it indicates that the version of Wordpress you are currently using is outdated.  To better facilitate getting your site checked and rated by SiteAdvisor, please review the information provided by Moderator Ex-Brit at the link shown below.  Once you submit a ticket to support, you should receive an acknowledgement within an hour or less.  Please note that with the massive number of websites that are tested it may take a little time for the staff to review your site and update the rating.

https://community.mcafee.com/thread/13397

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community