cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JohnG
Contributor
Message 131 of 133

Re: this program keeps popping up! i need help!!

Ex_Brit wrote:

Sorry, wont the solution you posted just prior to this work easier?

I would imagine Mark Vissche is monitoring all these threads anyway, let's hope he chimes in.

Well, yes, that solution will work, but how do we know that McAfee hasn't posted an even newer version on the download site?

First you have to download it to see it's a different size, then you have to actually install it to find out whether it's newer or older.

As I'm trying to say, this has always been a bit of a problem. One cannot, at a glance, tell whether the version on the site is the same or newer than the one installed (and in this rare case, may be older.)

- JohnG

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 23/01/12 3:55:43 EST PM
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 132 of 133

I'll alert him to this thread if I can.

mvissche
Contributor III
Message 133 of 133

Hi Everyone,

Some good news to report - our fix for this issue was promoted forward to production this morning, and deployment commenced earlier today.  Over the next 48 hours, users will receive a version update - version 3.4.1.193. 

This is a silent update and requires a system reboot to finalize the installation.  For users that don't reboot their systems often, I've asked our deployment folks to confirm when users should think about rebooting in order to pick up this fix.  I am hoping to respond to this thread tomorrow with more insight on this.

In the meantime, if you would like the problem solved immediately, please feel free to download and install directly from www.siteadvisor.com.  This installation package has version 3.4.1.193 and is binary identical to the fix being rolled out right now silently.  There is no danger or adverse side effects in downloading and installing the siteadvisor.com version prior to the silent version being installed.

I hope this helps clarify things, and I sincerely thank each of you for lending your voices and experiences throughout this investigation process. Your assistance helped us track down and resolve this issue in ways we would have otherwise missed.

Thanks again for trusting SiteAdvisor.

Cheers,

Mark

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community