cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peacekeeper
Message 91 of 133

Re: this program keeps popping up! i need help!!

What version did you get 3.4.1.189?

TheBlueRoom
Former Member
Message 92 of 133

I have solved this issue by disabling the SiteAdvisor service in Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Services.

Locate the Mcafee SiteAdvisor service, double click on it and set to Disabled.

Had the wretched Real Time scanning restart itself again today even though I have set it to be permanently off. Noticed my Thunderbird was performing like a lame sheep so again,using the McAfee Control Panel, turned real time scanning back on and then off once more. Thunderbird is now running nice and fast.

Currently assessing AVG. Had so much grief with Norton in the past (the reason I moved to Mcafee).

Happy days.

manthabean
Former Member
Message 93 of 133

Yes my version is now 3.4.1.189

delclemons
Contributor
Message 94 of 133

Day three now and no more command prompt windows after disabling and then a day later, re enabling the McAfee Site Advisor Service.   No other changes made to my system other than periodic Dat updates to McAfee Antivirus plus and Malwarebytes updates.   

On my system, the event log was full of DCOM errors when site advisor service was previously enabled.   Once it was disabled and then subsequently re enabled a day later, the event log shows nothing remarkable.

The focus of the problem on my system seems to originate with the service and it's interaction with DCOM and may be a point of focus for technical personnel within McAfee to try and determine the cause of this problem for others........

DerekShaw
Contributor
Message 95 of 133

I would like to add my name as being affected by this annoying problem. At first I thought it had something to do with my updating Firefox to 9.0.1 but I had been using this for several days without any problem. Now I frequently get this DOS pop-up referring to SaUpd.exe in the McAfee SiteAdvisor folder. It also occurs without any browser being open, such as when using Word, Windows Explorer and indeed any program.

Apart from that SiteAdvisor is working. When can we all expect that there will be an update to SiteAdvisor that will fix this?

Derek Shaw

OS is Windows XP Professional SP3 kept up-to-date. SiteAdvisor is version 3.4.1.189 at present.

beans1
Former Member
Message 96 of 133

I have Security Center version 11.0,  build: 11.0.849,  Affid: 0,  Last update 12/26/2011. Cyctem is Windows XP Professional , SP3, Dell Computer,

firebird1900
Former Member
Message 97 of 133

I have this problem too, window pops up every 10 mins or so and stays for about 10 seconds.  Have disabled sitadvisor in control pannel / admin tools/  services as suggested and will see what this does.  I run internet explorer so it is not a firefox issue

Peacekeeper
Message 98 of 133

As siad it has been passed onto the developers we mentioned this issue at our last meeting so Mcafee is aware of the issue. So having 3.44.1.189 for SA does not fix all users?

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 19/01/12 7:12:58 AM
cazieel
Former Member
Message 99 of 133

Tony,

If you uninstall and reinstall the version that is online, then it seems to work fine but if the version updates on it's own to the latest without uninstalling, then no it doesn't work.

At least this is my experience.

Peacekeeper
Message 100 of 133

Interesting thanks

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community