Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tanny75
Former Member
Message 1 of 4

siteadvisor check on Firefox 3

hi this is my first time posting 🙂

i am bought "McAfee total protection with SIteAdvisor Plus" at the start of the year. just recently i upgraded from IE 7 to FireFox 3, thus an error has occured in google with an abscence of the green ticks which has now been replaced with a missing icon. i am not sure which version my siteadvisor is because there is 2 options:
-1.version 2.6, build 2.6.6261, last update 28/05/2008
-2.version 26.6, build 6269

version 1 is the details on the system icon tray, and version 2 is the icon shown on firefox 3.

overall i cant see the circle ticks next to the site details on a google search. thank you
3 Replies
PraveenRajaretn
Contributor
Message 2 of 4

RE: siteadvisor check on Firefox 3

Dear Tanny75,

We received your message reporting that the annotations (= green ticks) on the Google search results page are being displayed as empty white boxes. Thank you for contacting us.

This is a known issue and has been addressed. Please click on the following thread (Sticky) given below for further details on the fix provided.

Icons disapearing next to Google search link - adamjo

Please let us know if you continue to have this issue. Thank you for being a McAfee customer.

Sincerely,
Praveen
McAfee SiteAdvisor Team
Tanny75
Former Member
Message 3 of 4

hi Praveen Rajaretnam
i read the link you gave however i am quite confused about which .zip file to download also the address to replace the 'chrome.manifest' is different. on my computer it is located at C:\Program Files\SiteAdvisor. within this address there are 2 folders "6261" and "6253" both have the 'chrome.manifest' file but i am not sure which folder i should choose. the version on my firefox3 is 6269, but the folder is not displayed in C:\Program Files\SiteAdvisor. please help again thanks
PraveenRajaretn
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Dear Tanny75,

Please download the first .zip file posted - chrome.manifest for sa exe.zip in the same thread: Sticky: Icons disapearing next to Google search link

Before you post the file, it is better to reboot your system since there has been an automatic upgrade from SiteAdvisor v.2.6.0.6253 to SiteAdvisor v.2.6.0.6261. Hence you are seeing 2 folders under C:\Program Files\SiteAdvisor, namely '6253' and '6261'. After re-starting your machine, the '6253' folder will be deleted and only '6261' folder would remain.

After reboot, unzip the file you downloaded and rename it as 'chrome.manifest'. Now, copy and paste the file in the location given below:-

C:\Program Files\SiteAdvisor\6261\FF\

Close all open FireFox browsers and launch FireFox again. Check if SiteAdvisor green ticks (= annotations) are displayed in the Google search results page. If annotations are not shown, then you could either,

1. Try restarting SiteAdvisor service. To do this, please follow the steps given below:-
(i) Click 'Start' and click on 'Run'
(ii) Type 'services.msc' (without quotes on the Run Dialog)
(iii) In the 'Services' window, search for 'SiteAdvisor Service'. Right-click on it and select 'Restart' option.

(Or)

2. Restart the system

This should hopefully solve the problem.

Praveen
McAfee SiteAdvisor Team
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community