Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
miguelgrado
Contributor III
Message 1 of 21

siteadvison not compatible with firefox 8

Jump to solution

now available the final version of firefox 8 mozilla ftp servers and supports siteadvisor 3.4 is not yet .When will a new version?

Forospyware Warrior
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mvissche
Contributor III
Message 21 of 21

Re: siteadvison not compatible with firefox 8

Jump to solution

Hi Folks,

This was a configuration issue that conflicted with FF8.  Our engineering teams turned it around earlier this week.  By now, everyone should be back up and running on FF8. 

Cheers,

Mark

View solution in original post

20 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 21

Jump to solution

As FF8 hasn't officially been released yet that wouldn't surprise me.  The 8th is the magic date I believe so you should wait until at least then to see what happens.    McAfee wont provide support for products installed on an unreleased platform.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 06/11/11 9:03:04 EST AM
Unclepotter
Former Member
Message 3 of 21

Jump to solution

My Firefox is on the official release channel and on clicking update to version 8 was told McAfee site advisor 3.4.0 is not compatible(NOT AGAIN!!!)

So I am holding back for the time being hoping that McAfee will soon release an update......so much for future proofing

Why do Mozilla keep doing this its madness all these updates.

Message was edited by: Unclepotter on 08/11/11 12:31:41 CST
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 21

Jump to solution

Well I doubt it will last for long as they said it was more or less future-proof.  I updated my FF today & I'm using WOT in the meanwhile.  Actually I have the two of them working usually.

newjack
Former Member
Message 5 of 21

Jump to solution

It seems that this is going to be an ongoing problem with firefox, whenever there is a new release.From what I have read they are going to have many more new releases each year.I have switched to Chrome and have had no problems yet.Also can run WOT for a second opinion if you are security conscious.This one I believe is a Firefox Issue.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 21

Jump to solution

I spoke too soon...SiteAdvisor just asked for a restart and now it's working OK.

Version 3.4.0.143.

Unclepotter
Former Member
Message 7 of 21

Jump to solution

Checking Site Advisor it tells me that I am running the latest version 3.4.0.143,but looking in my McAfee add-ons it says 3.4.0 135.

How can that be ?

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 21

Jump to solution

OK that's if I disable the compatibility reporter.   If I enable it then it wants to disable SA.  I think this is a FF issue as Newjack said.

dougk_t3
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 9 of 21

Jump to solution

I noticed this issue myself this morning and immediately reported it to the SiteAdvisor team.  I just talked to them and they are testing a fix and hope to have it released "very soon".

Meanwhile - and I don't officially recommend doing this because I haven't fully tested the impact yet - I was able to get SA to load in FF8 by modifying the Max Version info in the install.rdf.  Do this at your own risk.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 10 of 21

Jump to solution

It's working OK in mine but only when I disable Add-on compatibility advisor...which is rather weird as that in itself is only an add-on.

It does say however in Add-ons that SA is not compatible but as it isn't insisting that I disable it, I am not.  I did report it to Firefox that I had it working OK using the Compatibility tab.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community