cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cosmonautico
Former Member
Message 1 of 3

site advisor not there anymore

since updating firefox to version 3.0 my site advisor toolbar(version 26.6) doesn`t show; tried to uninstall and install a few times without results;
(my OS is windows XP home edition-SP2);
the strange thing is that if i open the browser again on top of the already opened one, the site advisor toolbar appears so all i have to do is close the first one but you can imagine how frustating tha is,so can somebody help me to solve the problem? i`ll thank you in advance
2 Replies
PraveenRajaretn
Contributor
Message 2 of 3

RE: site advisor not there anymore

Dear cosmonautico,

We received your message reporting that SiteAdvisor plug-in disappears from Firefox (FF)3.0, but reappears on launching a new FF window on top of an existing FF window on a Win XP Home SP2 system. Thank you for contacting us.

We would need some more information before we could help you out. Please answer the following questions as it helps us in reproducing the issue in our test environment:-

1. Is SiteAdvisor installed on Internet Explorer as well?
  2. Please mention the build number (Version: 26.6 Build: 6269 is the latest)
  3. Is the SiteAdvisor toolbar present in the first launch of the Firefox browser window? If yes, could you provide the detailed steps that causes the disappearance from the screen.

Please try the following steps and check if it resolves the problem:-

• Uninstall SiteAdvisor from Add/Remove programs
  • Restart the system
  • Install SiteAdvisor (preferably from siteadvisor.com)
  • Launch FF and browse to any site and check if toolbar changes color

Although you've tried uninstalling/re-installing SiteAdvisor several times, it is important that the system is rebooted before SiteAdvisor is installed again. This is because certain SiteAdvisor files are removed only on reboot.

As a temporary solution to overcome the frustration of having to launch a new Firefox window along with the tabs (sites) each time SiteAdvisor toolbar disappears, there is an add-on called "Restart FireFox" which adds "Restart Firefox" menu item as an option to "File" menu and also a toolbar button for easy restarting which could probably solve the issue. Although, this could still be considered annoying, it is an option we suggest to ease any inconvenience until we can come up with a fix.

Once the information we requested is provided, we'll get back to you immediately with a solution if possible. Thank you for being a McAfee Customer.

Praveen
McAfee SiteAdvisor Team
cosmonautico
Former Member
Message 3 of 3

site advisor not there anymore

Dear Praveen Rajaretnam

thank you for your reply, here are the informations you need: yes i do have SiteAdvisor installed on Internet Explorer as well;
the Version is: 26.6 ; the Build is : 6269 ;
the SiteAdvisor toolbar is not present at all in the first launch of the Firefox browser window;
thank you for your suggestion but i did rebooted the system before re-installing SiteAdvisor again;
i will take a look at the add-on called "Restart FireFox" which you suggest, meanwhile i`ll looking forward to your reply, hopefully with a fix;
many thanks
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community