cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
var1ant
Former Member
Message 1 of 7

sign in problems

I have signed in to McAfee Site Advisor to give a review, and I go to the bottom of the page and am prompted to sign in. I repeat the process and the behavior repeats as well. When I press sign in at the top of the page, I get a message that indicates that I am already signed in.:confused:
6 Replies
BalaSGS
Former Member
Message 2 of 7

RE: sign in problems

Hi,

We are really sorry for the inconvenience. Have you tried to sign in later or do you still have the same issue?
var1ant
Former Member
Message 3 of 7

Looks OK today

BalaSGS

Thanks for answering. I was just there and it worked fine. Don't know if for now or permanent. I'll let you know.
var1ant
Former Member
Message 4 of 7

I'm Back

Problems in message one of this thread reoccurred after the sign in problem was solved for a short time, and I get this following message:

"In order to accept POST request originating from this domain, the admin must add this domain to the whitelist."

If I log in from the top right hand of the page, I'm logged in but can't submit reviews. However this time, when I log in to the bottom of the page I get the above message, and I am not logged in.
YoKenny
Former Member
Message 5 of 7

RE: I'm Back

The log in process is an exercise in patience that would challenge Jobe.

It took me about 3 or 4 times to Log in both at the top then at the bottom then completely exit IE then start IE to have the Log in work.

There is a new release of SiteAdvisor that appeared on my system today without warning that indicates it is Version 2.9.242.

Insure that SiteAdvisor cookies are accepted and not removed by a remover application as that's where the sign in information is stored.
var1ant
Former Member
Message 6 of 7

YoKenny Thanks for the answer

After I rebooted, I visited siteadvisor. I noticed something in the address box that specified an address that say "siteadvisor.se" and wondered if the particular .se reading is recognized by McAfee, and if the sign in problems are pointing to this finding. Now after I sumbit this message, I will log out to clear cookies and than try to sign in making sure the .com is in the address box, and see if that works. Then hope I find out how to figure out the .se incident. I shared this in hope that someone here happens to know.
personater
Contributor
Message 7 of 7

site advisor not working on my pc ?

dose any one know why my siteadvisor is not working ? it keeps to gays where ever i go on tools .>manage add ons it shows this
Name McAfee Phishing Filter
Publisher McAfee, Inc.
Status Enabled
File date 09 January 2009, 10:22
Version 10.3.109.0
Load time 0.84 s

Name McAfee SiteAdvisor
Publisher McAfee, Inc.
Status Enabled
File date 04 December 2007, 22:02
Version 2.6.0.0
Load time 0.04 s

Name McAfee SiteAdvisor BHO
Publisher McAfee, Inc.
Status Enabled
File date 13 February 2009, 13:44
Version 1.0.0.0
Load time 0.06 s

Name McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar
Publisher McAfee, Inc.
Status Enabled
File date 13 February 2009, 13:44
Version 1.0.0.0
Load time 1.38 s

Name scriptproxy
Publisher McAfee, Inc.
Status Enabled
File date 16 January 2009, 21:03
Version 0.0.0.0
Load time 0.06 s

Name SiteAdvisor
Publisher McAfee, Inc.
Status Enabled
File date 04 December 2007, 22:02
Version 2.6.0.0
Load time 1.80 s

says it is on but there is no serch bar ? i got the 2008 mcafee from the shop last year but this time last week i down load it from macfee totle protection plus . but the new site advisor dose not work where ever i go it keeps to gray only something is stopping it work dose any one know why this is there is no green red or yellow just dose not work and there is no ticks to show if the web page links are ok or not can any one help me on this
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community