cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Prasanna_ITR
Contributor
Message 1 of 2

risky websites activities blocked

Hello, I have installed McAfee Total Protection. in my web protection, it says 12 risky items blocked (Risky websites) but not sure what those websites were ? how do I know what were those risky activities so that i can avoid visiting those websites in future.

Thanks,

Prasanna

1 Reply
siddharth_r
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 2

Re: risky websites activities blocked

Hi @Prasanna_ITR

When you enable safety search, sites are displayed by color in search results, you can check the safety of the site in advance. Search result annotations are the green and red site ratings that you usually see displayed beside each search result. McAfee WebAdvisor is your trusty companion that helps keep you safe from threats while you search and browse the web, also monitors and blocks downloads if its a malware.

Turn on annotations for all search engines:

1. Open the McAfee WebAdvisor Options (Settings) menu: 
    • In Firefox, click McAfee WebAdvisor toolbarOptions.
    • In Chrome, click McAfee WebAdvisor toolbarOptions.
    • In Internet Explorer, click Settings (the gear icon at the top right), McAfee WebAdvisor. 
  1. Look for the Search results area, where you see three options:

• Tell me if a search result is safe only in Secure Search
    • Tell me if a search result is safe in any search engine
    • Don't tell me about search results 
  1. The first option is selected by default. Change the selection to the second option: Tell me if a search result is safe in any search engine.
  2. Close the McAfee WebAdvisor Settings window.

NOTE: Depending on your browser, you might need to restart the browser before this change takes effect and annotations start appearing. You do not need to restart your computer.

Regards,

Siddhartha.R

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community