cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
digitalecartoon
Former Member
Message 1 of 4

remove status bar

Now that I have siteadvisor installed (the standalone plugin since installing from cd fails cause of some vague issue mcafee won't share with us), I've got the siteadvisor statusbar at the bottom right. A red M logo, the secure search field, magnifying glass and mcafee secure button and an options triangle.

How can I make that invisible? I just want the green/red icons in the search results. In the Firefox menu I can't find something to turn that siteadvisor status bar section on/off.

3 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 4

Re: remove status bar

The issue with not installing from the CD is apparently caused by a fairly recent Microsoft update causing the installer function to fail.  There is a FAQ about it here:  http://service.mcafee.com/faqdocument.aspx?id=TS100965&lang=en_US&prior_tid=2&AnswerID=16777216&turl...

You can turn off the SiteAdvisor toolbar (icon) in your browser toolbars or add-ons depending on which browser, simply uncheck it.  But that will probably disable it completely, if so then I'm afraid there is no option to only disable part of it.

digitalecartoon
Former Member
Message 3 of 4

Ok, missed that faq...

In IE it's an extra siteadvisor toolbar which I can deselect to remove it and select to turn in on again.

In FF it's part of a statusbar at the bottom right aboven the time/date. Which there isn't a deselect/select option for. To bad siteadvisor decided to make it part of the status bar in FF. They should at least give it an option  to turn if off/on. May I suggest to fix that FF plugin for a next siteadvisor update? I can understand if more people have an issue with this one.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 4

Unfortunately Firefox operates on a different principle from IE and toolbars aren't very flexible as a result.   The only thing with Firefox is that is can be moved from the bottom to the very top browser bar, but only if it is SiteAdvisor Plus, not the regular SiteAdvisor.  See this document:   http://community.mcafee.com/docs/DOC-1631

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 26/07/10 8:18:01 EDT PM
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community