cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ClareCG
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

"We tested this website..." Banner on HSBC online banking website

For a few days I've noticed the We tested this website banner on the HSBC online banking log in page. One time I noticed just as I logged in so is it safe to still log in when that banner comes up? And also one time I accidently clicked on the show all content button and nothing new came up (no ads or anything) and the banner wouldn't com back up whenever I went back on the website. I only logged in with my user name to see if the banner came up on the password pages but nothing did. I noticed two sits I didn't recognise on my whitelist. I got rid of them and the banner came back. Is my online banking secure after that? I can't remember what the sites were to get the IP addresses.

3 Replies
ClareCG
Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Re: "We tested this website..." Banner on HSBC online banking website

I think I might have found the IP addresses after checking my security history. There are two that seem to have come up around the time I was on the HSBC website. Not sure how I can give them to you if you need them. Really hoping everything is gonna be ok and my online banking and computer is all secure.

Magesh
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 3 of 4

Hi @ClareCG 

We are sorry for the inconvenience. Any connection which was suspicious will be blocked and you can check in security history. Kindly run a scan in your PC to ensure that there are no suspicious files. 

Regards

Magesh J

ClareCG
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

The banner is still coming up and I still don't know if it's safe to use my online banking as it's now coming up when I'm logged in. I've been doing Anti-virus and malware scans for a while and nothing has been caught but I still scared it's not safe. I just want a simple yes or no answer. Is my online banking safe to use when that banner comes up? And if I accidently click on the show all content button is my computer safe from hackers?

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community