Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
btrombley
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 11 of 17

Re: problems with site advisor

Jump to solution

If SiteAdvisor was installed as part of the system security suite (i.e. AntiVirus Plus, Internet Security, or Total Protection), you can uninstall SA by itself by opening up the uninstaller for the suite. There's an option to remove either the suite or SiteAdvisor.

You can also manually update to the latest version of SA (v 3.3.1):

1. If prompted click Yes or Allow and save the saSetup file to your desktop.
  2. Double-click the saUpgrade file.
  3. If prompted click Yes or Allow.
  4. Click Reinstall using recommended settings.
  5. Wait 60 seconds, then restart your computer.
newjack
Former Member
Message 12 of 17

Jump to solution

Thanks for answering.Yes site advisor was part of my package.It just will not update when i try to update.Says I have most recent version.Are you talking about uninstalling from the control panal(programs and features)?Then just uninstall that portion of the program?Not sure as mcafee security center is the only Item in there.    Thanks,newjack

btrombley
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 13 of 17

Jump to solution

newjack wrote:

Are you talking about uninstalling from the control panal(programs and features)?Then just uninstall that portion of the program?Not sure as mcafee security center is the only Item in there.    Thanks,newjack

Yes.  Open the uninstaller for SecurityCenter via Control Panel ("add/remove programs" in XP, "uninstall programs" in Win 7).  You'll have two options: one to uninstall SecurityCenter and another to uninstall SiteAdvisor.

newjack
Former Member
Message 14 of 17

Jump to solution

Thanks very much I have been looking to do this for a while.I just did not want to uninstall/reinstall the entire program to update.Not sure why my version was not updating.But this will suffice until the new version of Mcafee arrives.I am sure a few others will find this helpfull.      Thanks again,newjack

jaymfe
Former Member
Message 15 of 17

Jump to solution

Hi,

Ihave another problem with McAfee Site Advisor. It is not rating the searchresult in Google Chrome Version 10.0.648.134. Firefox and IE9 RC are workingfine.

newjack
Former Member
Message 16 of 17

Jump to solution

Hey Jay, I`m not sure About why It is not rating for Google chrome.But I know if I use Google search engine I don't receive any rated sites.In my case this could be because I have the yahoo search turned on with site advisor.When I had IE8 I used the bing bar and Yahoo search.Both worked at the same time.Not sure,it may have to be set to your default engine.Is the mcafee secure bar on the chrome page?

jaymfe
Former Member
Message 17 of 17

Jump to solution

Hi newjack,

I have SA box with Google Chrome and no search result rating (Google, Yahoo, Bing,..etc), but secure box is working with “Green/ Red/ Yellow/ Gray” colours.   It is working perfectly with FF and IE 9. Are you facing the issue with Google search rating only on Chrome?

chromme-sa.jpg

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community