Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 11 of 31

RE: no response re Site Advisor complaint

I think that they are swamped actually. I also think that McAfee had no idea what they were in for when they bought it from its original creators.

Logic tells me that you aren't alone and considering that there are literally millions of websites, there must be thousands of complaints similar to yours. Hence a backlog.
hampton
Former Member
Message 12 of 31

in the meantime

Ex Brit -
I know nothing about security software, but I would think that SiteAdvisor should have the proof in hand and accessible the second they condemn a site, not 4-6 weeks later, and they should stop rating sites until they have the systems in place to do that. If, in fact, our site does have this link hidden somewhere, this delay is not helping us be better web neighbors sooner. I would think that SiteAdvisor customers would also want SiteAdvisor to convey this information quickly so that they could go back to using a site once it has been repaired. In our case, for example, SiteAdvisor is blocking the download of Help documents to our long standing customers who have used our site many many times before with no issues.

In the meantime, we have documented all the links on our site using dead-links.com. The offending link was NOT in the list. Our server is protected by F-Secure, and we have found no viruses or spyware.

We will just have to wait and see what SiteAdvisor has to say.
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 13 of 31

RE: in the meantime

Well I wish you good luck.
YoKenny
Former Member
Message 14 of 31

RE: no resonse re SiteAdvisor complaint

Isn't it amazing what you learn here when you use a more W3C standard compliant browser?

Does it pass the Acid3 test?
http://acid3.acidtests.org

I hear that IE8 beta2 passes it and I'll have to try it next time I fire up the old PIII.
Raja
Former Member
Message 15 of 31

McAfee, Inc.
10 Post Office Square, Suite 400, North 4th Floor
Boston, MA 02109

The post office isn't what it used to be.

-R-
YoKenny
Former Member
Message 16 of 31

I tried the Acid3 test on this old PIII and it runs better than IE7 but not perfectly.
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 17 of 31

Raja,

Are you saying the address is genuine, or not? Who are you to be qualified to say that?
Raja
Former Member
Message 18 of 31

I'm saying the address on the SA website is incomplete.
What I've posted is the complete correct address.
http://www.broadwaypartners.com/portfolio.php?show=asset&a_id=50

Who are you to question it?
vinod_r2
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 19 of 31

Raja..

Peter must have used that 'qualified' word so that others who see(post here) will know that it comes from some one who knows the answer not that he intended to offend you:)

Your help on Site advisor issues are well appreciated always!:)
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 20 of 31

Raja,

It was a customer who was questioning it and, as you have no identifying information as to who you are, although your IP tells me you are McAfee staff as I have access to that info, I was wondering if you were merely commenting or what. But, as you say, the post office isn't what it used to be.

The forum Administrator and T3 Support all decided long ago that McAfee staff should be identifiable here, so that customers feel assured by their replies.

All of us have tried to contact you regarding that, in vain so far.

I have every right to question what you are posting as no-one here knows who you are and I am, after all, a Moderator here & identifiable as such.

We appreciate any help we get, don't get me wrong, but we have tried to contact you.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community