cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hampton
Former Member
Message 1 of 31

no resonse re SiteAdvisor complaint

Our site, www.newforma.com, has been rated "red" for a link to education-rewardpath.com. We can't find the link anywhere. We have followed the dispute resolution instructions to get more from McAfee on this, and no one has gotten back to us in over a week. This is affecting our business. How do we get someone's attention?:mad:
Tags (3)
30 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 31

RE: no resonse re SiteAdvisor complaint

According to their FAQ's you should use a feedback form to appeal a decision. Give the site URL and the one for this thread too.

http://www.siteadvisor.com/userfeedback.html

It can take weeks for a rating to be re-assessed.
hampton
Former Member
Message 3 of 31

no response re Site Advisor complaint

We have sent 3 emails over a two week period to that email address. Is there a number to call?
Falcon4
Former Member
Message 4 of 31

I don't think McAfee even cares about SiteAdvisor.

I have a red rating on my entirely ad-free and donation-driven file hosting website (hostfile.org, now closed primarily thanks to SiteAdvisor). It labeled my site as "red" because it downloaded other users' files, some of which contained viruses, but none were linked on the site outside of bulk file listings.

I've done the following to try getting McAfee to resolve this:
- Emailed them at the old "feedback" page (when there was no complaints link)
- Emailed them a second time...
- Called their product support number...
- Printed, addressed, and mailed a letter to the address listed on their "contact us" page...
- Emailed them again, this time using the new "complaints" link...
- Emailed them a fourth time, this time using the new "site review" process.

I've only received one email, from the first time I sent an email (in rage). They said they were just going to schedule a retest. Not actually update it and give it a manual rating like Rapidshare's "other users upload content to this site" Green rating. No, they retested it, and even after I went through and manually checked all the users' EXE files in a virtual machine, it found one "red" download and still marked it red.

The letter bounced as "addressee unknown". McAfee has no establishment at the address they posted on their site. Calling support just resulted in someone who couldn't speak English, having no idea what SiteAdvisor even is... thankfully I didn't pay for it.

None of my other emails have gotten a reply and my site is still red.

In short? Good freaking luck. I think McAfee is going to have their pants sued off in a class action lawsuit regarding this, and I'd happily participate.

(edit: Google - not Yahoo since they use SiteAdvisor... - for "siteadvisor complaints". You _WILL_ be amazed, and shocked.)
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 31

Email....? I trust that you mean the feedback form? If you are in the USA then call toll free to Customer Service and complain to them as we have no connection to them from this board.

You may call toll-free 1-866-897-9325 press 4 then 0 between 8am - 8pm Central Time and they will be able to assist you.

Or write to HQ..

McAfee Corporate Headquarters: 3965 Freedom Circle Santa Clara, CA 95054 USA

Falcon4 your sig appears to be broken.
Falcon4
Former Member
Message 6 of 31

Yeah, using the feedback form, since there's no email to send messages to. I take it "McAfee, Inc., 10 Post Office Square, 4th Floor, Boston, MA 02109" is just a fake address? Maybe I can just stick an address label over my bounced letter and get it sent to that new address.

As for the sig, dang, I didn't even realize I had one. Firefox didn't show any indication of an image there, probably because the forum software sends "alt=""" to the browser (which is a blatant abuse/misuse of the W3C standard). I'll change that, thanks for the heads up wink
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 7 of 31

You mailed something to that Boston address and it bounced? If so I will report it. I have no idea about that side oif things.
Falcon4
Former Member
Message 8 of 31

Yee-up. Still pretty rage about it. Now you probably understand more clearly why I tell everyone to uninstall McAfee products from their computers... even if they paid for them. Plus, doing so immediately results in a very noticeable speed improvement and the person is always wowed.

(Click for larger)

edit: This isn't an isolated incident either... I also cross-referenced the address on the USPS site prior to sending it (to find a full ZIP+4 code). The site couldn't find it, so I sent the letter anyway, with just the 5-digit ZIP and hope it reached them. Evidently, it didn't.
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 9 of 31

I will pass this on.
hampton
Former Member
Message 10 of 31

no response re Site Advisor complaint

Thanks for the number, Ex Brit. After a long hold, that worked
We are now an official case and will hear the results of a review in 4-6 weeks.
Two wishes:
1) that SiteAdvisor had confirmed receipt of our dispute resolution submission within 1 business day as they claim they will do in the dispute resolution pdf
2) that this process wouldn't take as long as 4-6 weeks. All we are trying so do is identify where they think a bad-acting link exists on our site - how long can that take?

We will report back in on 10/13 to share the resolution with the community.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community