cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Philbee
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

new upgrade for site advisor upgrades IE7 but not Firefox 3!

hi. i recently downloaded the new version of site advisor for IE7 (2.6.0.6261) hoping that it would also contain an upgraded site advisor for Firefox 3.0 RC1. unfortunately, it did not. the firefox version still remains at 26.6.6265.

is there any way to download an upgrade for the firefox extension for FF3.0 RC1 that will show the annotations with google? i thought it would show up with the upgrade of IE7.

any help is much appreciated. happy
6 Replies
paullotion
Former Member
Message 2 of 7

RE: new upgrade for site advisor upgrades IE7 but not Firefox 3!

Philbee

Since Firefox 3 is still in beta there will be no upgrade until Firefox 3 is released, the same will occur with IE8.
Philbee
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

i guess i'll still have to be patient.
PraveenRajaretn
Contributor
Message 4 of 7

Dear Philbee,

This release (SA 2.6.0.6253) does not contain the patch for FireFox 3 RC1 since this update is only for IE. We've fixed the FireFox 3 RC1 issue and will be releasing (separately) the patch shortly. You can also view the following thread http://forums.mcafeehelp.com/showthread.php?t=221005 ("Update Assistance Please". Author: Nicko) where I've posted comments regarding the issue raised here. Thank you again for being patient.

Sincerely,
Praveen Rajaretnam
McAfee SiteAdvisor Consumer QA
Philbee
Contributor
Message 5 of 7

how do we go about downloading the firefox 3 rc1 patch when it is ready?
PraveenRajaretn
Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Hello Philbee,

The updates for SiteAdvisor's FireFox Plugin will happen automatically. Once the updates are available, I'll announce the same on this forum. I'll also mention the updated version (26.6 build 'XXXX'). We are currently testing the fix provided by our developers. We'll be releasing the update shortly.

Praveen
Philbee
Contributor
Message 7 of 7

thank you. i'll keep my eyes open.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community